2011 error pennies

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by scouter35, Nov 21, 2011.

1. rockdude

rockdude Coin Collector

"A mint error is a mint error and that should be that!" It is, the rest are damaged or varieties.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. HowardStern

HowardStern Member

The grading companys think a lot of newer or minor mint errors are not significant enough for them to acknowledge. Without being damaged or anything.

4. RichMoney

RichMoney Member

CONECA website is great thanks Jim M

5. Captainkirk

Captainkirk 73 Buick Riviera owner

i think if you carefully microwave cents (outside), you can cause plating bubbles, haven't tried this, since I only have one microwave. (try a marshmallow also)

6. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

I believe the Coneca website is under new management now and it has become a much better site in my opinion.About all of the bickering back and forth has stopped and everyone appears to be getting along really good.

7. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

This is Cointalk, we're supposed to have great synergy ;)

Cochisz likes this.
  8. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

You are correct , the CT forum is showing great improvements . It's always good to see folks working together and being friendly.

Cochisz likes this.
  9. Heated Lime

Heated Lime Member

I have a box of 2012 D pennies. Any one know if theres any errors in those?

10. RichMoney

RichMoney Member

I'd like to know too I have a bunch.

Holding the shield pennies I know their not worth much now but maybe my grandchildren will see some worth.

11. westnlas

westnlas Member

I've gone through a few boxes of them and I haven't seen anything at all. Todays' dies are computer controlled laser cut, so I am not expecting much.

12. westnlas

westnlas Member

14,000,000,000+ 2010 cents were minted, so there's enough supply for every person in the USA to own at least a roll of them. I just don't foresee a heavy demand. IMHO

Cochisz likes this.
  13. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

There is no way to tell if your box of cents contains any errors without looking.

If you are asking whether anyone knows of any varieties of 2012-D Cents you should take a look at Variety Vista to see if any 2012 varieties have been listed.

14. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

Not to be nit-picky but the Master Hubs are created by computer but the dies are still hubbed (not cut by laser). Instead of the multiple-hubbing process the Mint used pre-1986, Working Dies are now made using a single-squeeze hubbing process.

15. RichMoney

RichMoney Member

aww that's no fun.

16. quentyn

quentyn New Member

Attached Files:

17. Cochisz

Cochisz Chief coin collector

Sorry Quentyn pretty hard to tell anything from those pics.

18. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

@quentyn
    First.. Looks like a plating bubble near the ear
    Second.. Start your very own unique thread. This thread is an old thread - November 2011!

quentyn likes this.
  19. quentyn

quentyn New Member

OK thanks

20. SikkRikk

SikkRikk New Member

I totally agree with Howard. A mint error is a mint error. It's indisputable, plain and simple.

Draft saved Draft deleted