2011 ASE 25th Anniversary DDO

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Inspector43, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I'm curious why this particular DDO has no interest in coin collecting. It seems like the population would be small. WDDO-001. I am not interested in selling but interested in why it is not popular at all.

2011 ASE DDO Full.jpg 2011 ASE DDO Date.jpg 2011 ASE DDO IGWT.jpg 2011 ASE DDO Ray.jpg

Danomite and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The coin costs too much for what the doubled die is worth. When was the last time you searched a tube of SAE's for a minor doubled die?

4. Inspector43

It has only been found in the 25th Anniversary Set. And, I don't think I would consider it minor.

5. Mike Thornton

Mike Thornton Learning something new everyday.

Looks like mechanical doubling to me and really no premium. Of the ASE's NGC only recognizes one and that's the 2008 W Burnished with reverse of the 2007. Good luck.

6. Inspector43

Why does Wexler recognize and list it?

7. Mike Thornton

Not sure. A good question, best asked to Mr. Wexler. This was my opinion, based on your photos. Thanks for sharing.

8. Inspector43

Thanks Mike. I'm not promoting them or even thinking of selling them (I have 2). Just curious about other collectors thoughts.

9. Mike Thornton

I wish I could give you a solid answer to your original question and figure out why people like a particular coin and thereby give it more value. If I had that ability, I'd be a rich man. That said, now I have to go back and look at my 2011's to see if I have one of them. Again, thanks for sharing. If you do ask Wexler, please share the answer. You can call me curious.

Inspector43 likes this.
  10. cpm9ball

So, how many of the anniversary sets are you planning to buy in order to, hopefully, find one?

Who submitted it to Mr. Wexler? How much does Mr. Wexler routinely charge for his service? No offense to Mr. Wexler because he is highly regarded, but if you were willing to pay for his service for even the most minor variety, wouldn't you expect to have it listed?

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  11. Inspector43

I don't have to buy any. I found these in some I had in 2011. The attribute was already registered with Wexler when I came across them. I sent him some photos and he confirmed by email. He doesn't do that often.

Are you just naturally suspicious of someone's intent? Did you not understand my curiosity? Did you think I had a scheme planned? What exactly is the purpose behind your drilling?

12. cpm9ball

I understood your intentions perfectly. You don't understand why there isn't more interest in this particular DDO.

I'm just trying to make the point that the anniversary set costs too darned much for people wanting to look for this variety. If they want to take a shot at finding one, their best bet is to look for one at a fairly big show where there is a good selection among dealers. Even if they find one, how much do you think the DDO will increase the value? It's like trying to decide whether to submit a coin for grading or not. If the increase in value isn't that much, what's the point?

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  13. Inspector43

When you put it that way, there is no point. My interest should be kept to myself. I was trying to make the point that I have a couple of interesting coins. Rather than simple offering an observation you elected to question my integrity and purpose. Not necessary at all.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  14. COOPER12

COOPER12 Well-Known Member

I would like to find one just to have it but not sure how much more I would pay . I paid a pretty penny for a heavily clashed 2021

Inspector43 likes this.
  15. Inspector43

For what it is worth, here is one that ANACS recognized.

[​IMG]

Danomite likes this.
  16. cpm9ball

You still don't get it! I never questioned your integrity! I fully understood your purpose!

Your question was reasonable, but I wanted you to understand both sides of the issue. I can't help it if you have a thin skin.

17. Inspector43

And you seem include insults with your feedback. You insulted me whether you want to admit it or not. You assumed that it was not listed. You assumed that I was trying to find one. And, you assumed that your opinion was the only valid one. And, if you fully understood my purpose this would have been over long ago.

18. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Who or whom said it was not popular? Not me, I have 4 '11's in my collection. Love them all.

COOPER12 and Inspector43 like this.
  19. cpm9ball

Look up the definition of rhetorical, fool!

20. Inspector43

A rather childish way to terminate a discussion.

21. cpm9ball

Ordinarily, I'd try to help an elderly person cross the street. In your case, I think I would take a pass. I'd probably be accused of elderly abuse.

hotwheelsearl and Inspector43 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted