2010-P Yellowstone die ajustment strick? or grease filled die?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Raizac, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

so I took photos of the full coin but somehow my phone camera is picking up a lot of scratches. on O/R of the coin. I am all so putting up full photos of my microscope but in 2 parts per O/R. to show that those scratches are not there. now that said this is a VERY WELL CIRCULATED COIN. a lot of the right-hand side of the obverse wording/letters of this coin is missing + the T in TRUST PXL_20201004_221351153.jpg PXL_20201004_222254380.jpg 2010-p oberse week strick.jpg 2010-p oberse week strick002.jpg 2010-p reverse week strick.jpg 2010-p reverse week strick002.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

looks like a nice greaser

Raizac likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Your close-ups using your USB(?) scope appear to be a perfect example of why you need to take those images from directly overhead. Capturing images at an angle tend to hide many marks on the coin.

Also, it is not a good idea to use magnification to point out marks that can normally be viewed without enlargement. It's like placing your nose right on the bark of a tree. You can't see the forest for the trees.

Penny Luster likes this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Greaser

Raizac likes this.
  6. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

@cpm9ball I took all photos directly above the coin. both from my PHONE CAMERA /USB SCOPE this is apparent as are all laying on an old 2x2 and if you have seen other posts my USB only takes above coin pic's ONLY. and looking in a 10x loop I see none of the scratches that my PHONE PIXEL 3xL camera pic upon

O and the photos are x1 maybe x2 form the phone and to crop the photo as cropping any photo enlarges and centers the photo

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    Heavymetal likes this.
  7. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

so here is a photo of my bubble telescope IMG_20190508_123508.jpg

8. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

" It's as greasy as that Pizza I had yesterday ".

goossen and Raizac like this.
  9. cpm9ball

How do you explain the oval shape of the last four images of the quarter?

10. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

not sure but that is as high as my USB will go so maybe the lens or capture x.y window

11. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

this is what it looks like at an angled top of the coin is clear and the bottom is out of focus and you se more of the rim rib's of the coin
    2010-p oberse greaser angel.jpg

12. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

I have my scope just about the mid staff of the holding bar. this way I can get a close up by adjusting the scope up/down by a side nob and not the main holding bar. no, this scope doesn't x's the image in windows. only if I had it on stand-alone/"I,e without windows" will it x the image

13. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Definitely not a Die Adjustment strick.. I mean strike.

Worn Die strike. Missing letters are due to compacted and hardened grease that was used to wipe the Die during its use.

Raizac likes this.
  14. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

thanks all ill be sure to put it in a nice greasy 2x2filp

15. cpm9ball

This is sort of off-topic, but I've never seen or heard of a "bubble telescope". Why is it called that? How does it work? Is it similar to a wide-angle lens? TIA!

16. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

lol it's called fat fingers and i suvk at typing/spelling and grammer

Draft saved Draft deleted