2010 mount hood Quarter

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Brandon3545, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Brandon3545

Brandon3545 Member

so im hearing alot about these quarters and im just trying to see if anyone else out there has one and are they really as rare to find as im hearing

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Where are you getting your information? I am sure you could go to any LCS and buy a roll of them.

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

There were 34 million of each P and D minted for circulation. That is actually higher than some of the following years. They are not rare.

AmishJedi likes this.
  5. AmishJedi

AmishJedi Well-Known Member

You can get a graded PR70DCAM for approx. $30-$40? Mine wasn't worth grading, and the silver has started to tarnish (e.g. tone).

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 9.15.15 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 9.15.09 AM.jpg

1stSgt22, capthank and furryfrog02 like this.
  6. Brandon3545

Brandon3545 Member

oh ok thank you i was just wondering. out of a $500 dollar box of quarter rolls i only found one out of the entire box so i was just wondering

capthank likes this.
  7. furryfrog02

Think of how many *billions* of quarters are circulating. Out of those *billions* there are roughly 68 million Mt Hood quarters. That is a drop in the bucket.

AmishJedi likes this.
  8. furryfrog02

I like how the rim is toning but leaving the mountain still white. Very cool.

SmokinJoe and AmishJedi like this.
  9. AmishJedi

AmishJedi Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I can't take too much credit for it. I "dip" almost all of my raw silver coins in eZest. Good news is they look great (blast white), for a little while. Bad news, "dipping" them has seemed to speed up the toning process over time (not sure of the chemistry/metallurgy science behind that), but that has been my experience.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You can't think that way. It just doesn't work. Think of all the dates that were notbin that box. Does it become rare if not in there? No it doesn't.

11. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Halfway through 2009 the mintages dropped and the lowest mintage was the first hapf of 2012 with around 20 million P or D struck. THe S mints stayed stable around a million made each of those years.

2012 D Acadia is like 21+ million.
    2012 P Chaco Culture 22 million.

those would be the keys to an ATB set but still that would be 21+ million sets, but you'd need a whole lot of people to collect entire sets of P or D, and if that happened and the included the S Mint coins, there'd be a run on those because all of them are like 1.2 million for clad and 900K for the silver ones.

so really, I wouldnt' think it becomes an issue until there's a high demand for the Proof coins, If there's at least a million doing full sets, then it's likely there 22 million just doing Ps or Ds.
    Anyways, if you can get BU rolls of P or D to save at a reasonable price of those two coins from 2012, I'd say put some up just in case (within reason of course, don't get crazy). I'd say Acadia P or D has the best shot, I don't think there's been much graded MS68 or better since they came out and not many at MS68 even. so hanging on to a couple BU rolls if you can get them might be OK if something high grade comes out of it.

Then again, you could just buy some mint sets. LOL

AmishJedi likes this.
  12. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Using eZest has to be followed by THOROUGH rinsing if not neutralization, and the newly clean surface would be prone to quick toning.

John Burgess and AmishJedi like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted