2010 Cent some pics make it look triple died

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by RachelRuth, Apr 21, 2018.

1. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

This coin is insane IMHO the coolness of some of these shots makes this coin rather interesting I think. What do y'all think? It was a freebie from Littleton Coins lol. Especially like the ear lobe area.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

more

Attached Files:

4. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

IllIget better full body pics tomorrow in natural lighting because this lighting sucks.

Attached Files:

5. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

well I'm not a photographer either but based on those pics I would say MD, but as you stated the lighting well lets just say it doesn't help us. Lol
    Dave

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

No more pictures please.

Richard gladfelter and Dave363 like this.
  7. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Trying to determine a DD from bad photos through plastic, is not the way to attribute a coin. It looks like a nice BU example.
    Always remove the coin from it's holder for photo'ing.

8. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

Well, I didn't want to remove it just because it's in a sealed package that can't be resealed. Suppose it not a huge deal. And paddy why would you say no more photos please? Just don't open my posts if you have a limit to your data, not like it's something you HAVE to do. It's not a requirement. Otherwise keep those kinds of opinions to yourself.

9. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

If you don't want to look at my post then don't flipping open it. To put it nicely.

10. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

Now, I see MD but I also see something else going on and can't figure out what. Is it MD and DD?

Attached Files:

11. Pickin and Grinin

It's still MD but prolly some die deterioration thrown in. I searched and searched for a DD and then when I was about done looking, I bought a couple coins that were in a collection. Raw examples, 64 Kennedy's and I saw what true doubled die meant. it changed how I looked at coins. Hang in there and trust your instinct. If it has the same doubling that you are used to seeing then throw it into a roll for another day. When you find the true doubled Die coin, you will never forget.

12. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It's MD and the plastic is messing with your images.

13. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

I took it out of the plastic for the last pictures.

Anyways okay and thank you for your opinion, as always it's very appreciated.

Rachel

14. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

Guess it was the notches on the liberty and initials that was really throwing me off.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  15. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

I think the light and reflection of the coin is what looks like notches. I get those also when taking pictures of shiny newer coins, but if you change your focus the notches change with it. Sometimes you will swear it's a DD, but moving the coin slightly or readjusting the focus will change the reflection on the high end points and take away the notches you see. Try taking pictures with a small angled block under your coin in different positions so light is not directed directly back to the camera lens. Good Luck! :)

16. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

OK

And the correct terminology would actually be Tripled Die.. not triple died :dead::dead::dead:

Peace :angelic:

Richard gladfelter likes this.
  17. Pickin and Grinin

And this is the reason to always refer to the coin and not the image. Incorrectly lit photos will always give you a false impression of the coin.

Draft saved Draft deleted