2010 Cent Errors? Really?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by mecha1166, May 25, 2010.

1. mecha1166

mecha1166 Junior Member

I saw some odd cents on eBay, 380231864904 is one. First, this seller has 2010 cents listed as Planchet Error & slabbed by APCI as "bright toned". Second they have rainbow AT? 2010 cents listed as Wild Colored MS. WTF? Torch jobs? I have never seen cents, new or old, look like these.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinsguy2010

coinsguy2010 Junior Member

well i am going to look

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

5. coinsguy2010

coinsguy2010 Junior Member

Iwill have to see more of em,before i get an interest in em,i do get the 76 toned kenedys at times,not to interested in toned cents

6. mecha1166

mecha1166 Junior Member

But these are not natural toned coins I believe, they appear AT "colorized". They are even advertised as colored coins.

7. abe

abe LaminatedLincolnCollector

Like I said in another thread, this is the new craze and tons of people WILL BE suckered in...

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The State of Alaska has no record of a business license issued to American Proof Coins, Inc. (APCI).

Chris

9. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Don't waste your money!!

10. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

I still have a few uncircs left. I think I will play with them in my garage tomorrow and see what I can do ? Maybe, toss 1 in a salt water solution and run an electric current through it with different metal electodes ?

I'm gonna get RICH !

11. Celartu

Celartu Accoutant, retired

I don´t

Yo no conozco de error en 2010

12. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

13. loverofcoins

loverofcoins New Member

14. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

and that includes Wexler's 2010 DDO.

you need 10,000X magnification to see it.

15. ice

ice Just happy to be here

I'm guess he dumped several on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven since the toning has the same curve as a 1c coin Ice

16. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

I sure hope I didn't give half a roll of them away ?

DionHurst likes this.
  17. mpaske

mpaske New Member

2010 penny reverse error

I'm not a collector. I found a new 2010 penny (shield). However, the reverse is "reverse". It is backward as if looking at a negative - or if you held it up to a mirror it would be correct. Is there any info on this? Is it worth anything or should I hold onto it for the future.
    Any response would be appreciated.

Thanks!

18. MichaelCarroll

MichaelCarroll New Member

Would you be able to get a picture of this on here?

19. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

Sounds like this may be strike error caused by one coin being stuck in the press when the next planchet is fed in ? We really need a pic to provide any meaningful information. Anything else is pure speculation or guessing.

20. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Welcome to Coin Talk! You should now be able to add images to your posts. No eBay promo links please.

[Note: This was a reply to a post that is now gone. But that last sentence above still applies. :) ]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    DionHurst likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted