2009A $100 ink errors?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by sidvicious0707, Jan 18, 2019.

1. sidvicious0707

sidvicious0707 New Member

Got this today and am wondering if this is common.It has several places on front and back,top and bottom,by the federal reserve stamp and more.The camera im using makes it hard to tell they look like spots but its the same special ink used for the bell.u can clearly see the change in color and sparkle when you move the bill.Heres a few pics that I've gotten it to where you can tell.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

I don't think that is ink errors. It looks sparkely. It's just dirty to me. Imho

4. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Welcome to CT @sidvicious0707 .

It appears minor, anyway you could post pics of the entire note so I can put it in perspective ?

5. bAMBOOZLEDGUY

bAMBOOZLEDGUY New Member

Looks like glitter to me not ink.

6. SteveInTampa

7. bAMBOOZLEDGUY

bAMBOOZLEDGUY New Member

Thanks Steve.

8. sidvicious0707

Sorry for the delay.To me 1 spot looks like the bell.Same colors and change when tilted.its very hard to get a good picture .

Attached Files:

9. sidvicious0707

And its not dirty it does look like stains but each spot has the reddish color change when tilted in light.theres several on back and front just not as good as those 2.

10. Shrews1994

Have you tried cleaning it off? What does it feel like? does it feel like something is on it or no?

11. sidvicious0707

Its on there I tried rubbing my finger over 1 to see won't come off.and its even printed in the black ink which u can only see when u tilt it.u can kinda see it in bottom top pic.

12. SteveInTampa

I think it looks like glittery eyeliner.

13. sidvicious0707

It dosnt come off.its just like the bell its just hard to capture the change in a picture.wish I could post the video u can see it so much better.

Attached Files:

14. SteveInTampa

If, for arguments sake, ink from the bell (front of note) got on the note, it appears too insignificant to be called an error.

15. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If you can afford to save it do so. If not I doubt this would bring any real premium if it was considered a printing error, which I don't think it is.

Welcome to CT.

16. sidvicious0707

Ok question, have u ever seen a error with the ink transfer from the bell?

17. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The ink well is printed in copper ink. The ink well inside the bell is printed using color shifting ink. As the bill is tilted from side to side the bell in the ink well will change in color from copper to green.

18. Shrews1994

oh I see what you are talking about. The bell be bleading through the other side. Right? I had a 20$ that the glittery 20 blead through. Yours is a few spots though.

19. Shrews1994

Oh somebody already discussed this. But yeah it's a ink transfer thing. I had one too.

sidvicious0707 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted