2009 Star note from small run, found in change

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by dudemanbro, Apr 22, 2019.

1. dudemanbro

dudemanbro New Member

star.jpg

Hey, first time poster. Been looking for stars for a while now, I always check the registry as soon as I come across one. Found this one yesterday, checked the registry and it turns out I found a scarce one. I saw a few graded ones on Ebay selling for four figures and a couple ungraded selling for 500-600. Is there a real demand for these? Is it worth getting graded? Thanks in advance!!!

Legomaster1 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Welcome to CT @dudemanbro

Nice 32K run star note, but condition holds it back. It’s definitely a keeper but not a candidate for grading...at least in my opinion.

NOS likes this.
  4. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow would like a link to the that resource. Meow would love to learn more about notes.

5. SteveInTampa

6. MeowtheKitty

7. MeowtheKitty

Meow has looked up the few star notes Meow has. Nothing that said it was rare. The best one Meow had, had a 50k run. Was fun to look them up, and Meow will sure to keep an eye out for more star notes to add to the Cat hoard!

8. SteveInTampa

A 50K run is super low, and why is @MeowtheKitty talking in third person ?

9. MeowtheKitty

It said it was not rare on the scale. And if you did not know, Meow is Meow.

Mernskeeter likes this.
  10. SteveInTampa

What’s the series (year), denomination and full serial number ?

11. MeowtheKitty

Oh and since Meow has your attention here, Meow would like to ask a note collecting question. What are some of the economical ways to keep a note collection tidy? Meow just has one 10 page booklet for notes. It displays them well, but was a bit pricey. ($5.00) So at 50 cents a page for cat hoarded notes did not seem worth it. How do you have you collection stored or displayed?

12. MeowtheKitty

OH, Meow put it away already. Meow could go dig it up again.

13. MeowtheKitty

Oops sorry, guess Meow read it wrong. The note Meow has is in a series of 500k.

But Meow does have a star note with a pretty nice sequence of numbers. But it is not a rare sequence too. WIN_20190203_06_04_25_Pro.jpg

14. dudemanbro

dudemanbro New Member

Thanks! I might put it on Ebay and see what happens, either way it's out of circulation now, sleeved and stashed.

15. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I am Meow Kitty free since their 1st day of being ridiculous, talking about themselves in the 3rd person, and adopting a cat persona.
    This is a coin forum. That kind of nonsense is for other sites.

SteveInTampa likes this.
  16. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Sometimes I think Meow is trying to learn English.

Nice low run star note.

Welcome to CT.

17. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Let me check a couple of stars I have. The bottom one is in the best condition,
    and it's a 2009. Zipping over to the site that Steve linked, and I bookmarked. OK not rare 3,200,000. Checking the others all from 2013. The top one is 500,000. Second 3,200,000. And third, 3,200,000.
    002.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted