2009 silver eagle with color

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by snows, Nov 21, 2015.

1. snows

snows New Member

[​IMG] wondering if it's worth more from the color?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Not to me!

Chris

4. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

Current melt only to most,if that.....

5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

No added value. It would need much more color that's attractive for someone to pay more for the coin.

6. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Now seriously, how can anyone tell you that?

OK, let me try and explain this. Marketing. That's where you're at, here. Market it right, it sure is worth more. But, you have to have the knack. And, some people got it, and some don't. As you have to ask, you obviously don't. Thus, listen with both ears, I'm going to give you a free tip on this one.

That color is a shade of pink, right? Is that what you think? Wrong. Why? Who in the heck is going to pay anything for pink? That's so average. Do you know what that color is, it's periwinkle. It's subtle periwinkle. It's a soft, intangible whisper of periwinkle. Look real hard. Don't you see it? Your tastes have to be that refined. Some people don't see it, but then they're not as sophisticated as you, are they?

Now, let's say you also went to college, and you have a PhD degree in chemistry from the MIT Department of Chemistry. And, let's say you're a coin dealer, now, because you couldn't cut it with your degree in the real world, and you have a fancy, elaborate, sophisticated website. You can now add that color is unique to these coins. With that background, and that "prop," the website, you can now say you never saw one like this, and that it's very, very special. Better get it while supplies last, as it's going to go quickly!

Are you beginning to get the idea? :)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  7. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I don't see any color, but I'm color blind

8. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

or If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS

9. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Otherwise known as, marketING grading.

dwhiz likes this.
  10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Judging from your first response, I don't think anyone else wants to know either.

Chris

11. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

I'm partially myself...

Oh and Chris, don't bother trying to win that argument... from personal experience.... trust me...

12. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I can have my opinion. It's OK, here. This isn't a police state, as some coin forums are. Christy was insulting simply because I stated an opinion that got him a little out of his comfort zone. End of story. Let's charge forward. Move on. That's the ticket.

And, BTW, let the record reflect, I love brussels sprouts...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  13. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Sorry, but IMO, the little bit of toning on the obverse won't garner any premium. In fact, I'm always suspicious of wildly toned or rainbow toned ASE's. I always feel they've been helped along in the process, if you know what I mean.

eddiespin likes this.
  14. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Most of my earlier dated Silver American Eagles have golden colored toning around the edge (mostly partial). As long as I don't put them in airtight holders maybe the toning will increase so my grandchildren will profit from them, I sure wouldn't if I sold them now!

15. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

You sure cannot take criticism and certainly have an attitude don't you? Lighten up.... good Lord.

16. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

I have removed the posts that have no business on this forum. I will continue to give out warnings to those that feel this forums rules do not apply to them. Stay on topic!

17. Eric Schlenz

Eric Schlenz Member

I'm having a hard time reading the grade ANACS gave this coin. Can you tell me what it reads?

Even a pristine MS70 PCGS graded 2009 ASE can be had for around $60 on eBay. Everything I've read about "toning" is that, some people desire it, others don't. And even those who desire it are very picky about how it has toned.

I wouldn't bet on it adding a lot, if any, value IMO.

Draft saved Draft deleted