2009 Mint lincoln cent roll

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by elaine 1970, Mar 3, 2009.

1. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

2009 abraham lincoln cent roll. are you really like to buy it at a premium?. are they crazy bidding at e-bay with a very very high premium?. tell us your opinion.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. pbryan

pbryan Member

My opinion?
    First, 2009 Lincoln cent's aren't bullion :)

Second, I'd be willing to pay a small premium for the mint to ship me P & D rolls. No where near what people on ebay are paying at the moment.

--Paul

4. elaine 1970

yeah i notice that. but can't edit it. your are right. just wait for u.s. mint to offer us at a low premium. i think maybe $2.00 per roll or more. just wait on mar.13, the friday. anyway. i won't buy any. i don't collect cent. maybe i will buy some proof set anyway.

5. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

Suppose you could have bought rolls of uncirculated 1909 Lincoln cents at US Mint prices in 1909. Don't you wish you had had the opportunity?

The 2009 rolls may not be worth anything soon, but when Lincoln's 300th anniversary rolls around, look out!

6. elaine 1970

another 100 year. i wish i am still alive. if not. will there be any coin collectors after 100 year?. maybe another 100 year. computer games and chips, credit cards and phone cards, and other modern and future things that the younger generation might like to collect. i hope the coin collecting hobby will continue till the end of the world.

7. elaine 1970

the mint might made a mistake again by not selling the 95% copper cent roll to the collectors. so collectors will focus on the proof set, silver proof set, mint unc set and the 50,000 pc 5 pc coin set to get the 95% copper cent. right?.

8. Harryj

Harryj Supporter**

Whats the 50,000 pc 5 pc coin set? 4 of the cents and the lincoln comm half? I was hoping for a set with at least the 4 Lincolns in P and D mints 95% copper.

9. elaine 1970

it is a proof silver dollar and four proof lincoln cents set. it will be sell out.

10. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

This thread did not belong in the Bullion section - so it was moved here.

11. elaine 1970

thanks gdjmsp.

12. FreakyGarrettC

FreakyGarrettC Wise young snail

It ise easier to call him Doug. :)

13. elaine 1970

is it belong to u.s. coin forums or coin chat?.

14. Andrew67

Andrew67 Clueless

guess it belongs here.

15. GDJMSP

Either, when unsure - Coin Chat.

16. elaine 1970

to gdjmsp: since it is unsure. can you please move it to u.s. coin forums. because i never use coin chat. thanks.

17. GDJMSP

Why not ? You should.

The point is that a thread about Lincoln cents has nothing to do with bullion. So why in the world would you ever post it in the bullion section ?

But I'll move it for you Elaine just be cause you said please. But you are the one missing out if you never read the Coin Chat section.

18. elaine 1970

since you guys created bullion investing section. i have to click two areas to see both of them. with coin chat. i have to click three areas. i am so lazy to do that. anyway. thanks again GDJMSP. i will try to read some coin chat.

19. Harryj

Harryj Supporter**

Then thats The one I want. They are only minting 50,000 of them? Will the proof and mint sets have all 4 Lincolns as well? Shame on the mint for making you purchase the dollar also. The should sell the Lincoln cents separate instead of making customers purchase a coin set.

20. elaine 1970

that's how businesses did. they want to earn a lot of money from public.

21. GDJMSP

There is huge difference between the mintage of a product and the various packages it will be offered in for sale. There may only 50k of these sets offered for sale, but the mintage of the coin is 500k.

Draft saved Draft deleted