2009 Lincoln commemorative silver dollar

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by elaine 1970, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Billincolo

Billincolo Senior Member

So, a newbie question here -- if you get a Lincoln Proof with flaws, is it worth more as an error coin?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Flaws do not equal errors, they are 2 different things. But to answer your question, yes, sometimes a Proof coin with an error is worth more money. It depends on the error.

4. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

I agree with you 100% Elaine. I prefer to grade my own modern coins, and there is no better way to keep them than just like they came from the US Mint. Learning to grade and pick out a coin is most of the enjoyment, not just having it, plus there are many knowledgable good people here that would be glad to help if anyone needs.

5. Ed Goldman

Ed Goldman coin collector

Got mine today..Nice

6. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

Read some stuff on the Lincolns commemorative. For what it is worth, the sales figures so far indicate the following as of march the 5th

Proofs.......... 232,902
    uncirculated...102,149

This does not include the 50,000 which are reserved for the 5 pc set which will make a brief appearance when it is put on sale

7. xtrmbrdr

xtrmbrdr Senior Member

I decided to order a proof earlier this week, the more I look at it the more I like it, especially the reverse, still undecided on the 3/4 profile on the obverse.

Fred

8. ChrisKampmann

ChrisKampmann Member

Just to add to this thread. I was recently thrust into coin collecting by an inheritance that I recieved and I bought one uncirculated and one proof. I do not know if that helps with how the population might go on these, but the population seems low so far. Do you think the mint will still keep printing these after the 30 days? Will they keep mintage low or just keep printing because they are making money?

9. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

You can still buy a gun in the mail , I thought they ended that when Kennedy was shot . Is it that new .410 shotgun shell pistol , pity the poor fool who tries to rob you .:eat::D
    rzage:):hatch::hammer:

10. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

It was a gun, but not the JUDGE. I got back my .380 LCP from Ruger that had a recall. I had only used it once (not on anyone!) so it was still new to me. I bought it as my concealed weapon. Scary huh? Me with a gun! LOL! :p

11. craig a

craig a Coin Hoarder

I hope thats enough stopping power, if you ever need to use it.

12. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

Chris after 30 days or so the mint will raise the prices of these coins after their introductory offer expires. The mint can also raise the maximum order limit if they so choose.

The mint is in this to make money . They will continue to make them unless the year runs out, the maximum mintage limit of 500,000 is reached, people stop ordering them, or for some strange reason they have to suspend the program. IMO this coin will sell out but who knows.

13. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

it will sell out

King Spocks Prophecies

14. Billincolo

Billincolo Senior Member

Incredibly elegant pun. :hail:

15. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

Lol. Did not notice that ..:D

16. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

2009 lincoln dollars almost sell out. i expect proof mintage around 350,000, unc 150,000. it should be sell out this week before price increase.

17. AUBU2

AUBU2 Senior Member

I read a post in US Coins on Monday that stated they are sold out already. The mint had sent some people emails advising they had met their limit. Should be 300,000 proofs & 150,000 unc, leaving 50,000 for sets.

18. tekhen

tekhen Member

Any idea on when the sets will be available?

19. AUBU2

AUBU2 Senior Member

Summer Release?

People in Coin talk have been saying a summer release.

20. tekhen

tekhen Member

thanx...

That's what I heard... but I cannot get a definitive:confused:
    I also wonder if it will only be a 2 coin set? I'd like to see the 2-Ag coins plus the 8-95%ers.

21. AUBU2

AUBU2 Senior Member

Hi, the Lincoln proof set will consist of a Lincoln silver proof & the four lincoln proof cents.

Draft saved Draft deleted