2009 Lincoln commemorative silver dollar

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by elaine 1970, Feb 14, 2009.

1. sittinguy

sittinguy Member

Shipped today, looks like we were right in thinking we would get our lincolns before the UHRs

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. oasisnow7

oasisnow7 New Member

my shipped also

4. flyers10

flyers10 Collector of US Coinage

Mine just came. Sorry about the low quality pictures. Look nice.

Attached Files:

5. FreakyGarrettC

FreakyGarrettC Wise young snail

I really want mine to come in. :crying: I bought 2 unc. and 2 proof and all 4 will go to NGC. If I get a MS/PF70 of each I will stick it in a NGC multi-holder. :)

6. flyers10

flyers10 Collector of US Coinage

I think you will like them. I was able to get the overnight shipping since my order was over $300. Got a few friends at work to add on to the order.

7. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

by looking at the first few days result. proof look better than uncirculated.

8. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

I received my entire order of LN7 and LN8 Lincoln Silver Dollars today. They were delivered by UPS this time, and left on my porch. Maybe because the front is not visable nor accessable from the street, but the packaging was very sloppy. All capsules were tight inside the cases and kept them from being damaged, but it would seem with them sloshing all around inside the box it would be very likely to happen. The proofs and the uncs are both gorgeous!

9. maksimfa

maksimfa New Member

yes! finally got my ship notice today.

10. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

UPS left a sticker on my door today for something could have been the coins or could have been my new gun. Will hopefully get it tomorrow whatever it is.

11. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

what u r slowing down these days with your coins

12. elaine 1970

latest sales figures: unc - 75,614, proof - 159,634

13. Todd Volker

Todd Volker Member

Wow! Folks at the Mint must be very disappointed.

14. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Thanks for the figures. Looks like the unc will have the lowest mintage.

15. elaine 1970

no. this time the proof have better change to move up than unc. the ratio between them favor the proof. the total for unc should be below 60,000 to be consider good to invest.

16. Todd Volker

Todd Volker Member

I just received mine. Found them laying by the front door (nice! this technique must be questioned. It just seems like bad policy). I have proofs and like them.

I still think the Mint is well into this YOUTHENIZE THE PRESIDENT trend. In my book, I like my old men to look like old men, not Disney stuff. The Lincoln device is good but could use at least a half dozen more wrinkles to be realistic. The reverse looks MUCH better than photos.

17. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I got my two UNC's today in the mail. They look great. Can't wait to order the proof with the proof cents.

18. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

Your issue is not with the mint but rather David Chester French. The sculptor who made the statue for the Lincoln memorial. The coin is a replication of his Lincoln.

What other Presidents do you claim they have made look more youthful?

19. Andrew67

Andrew67 Clueless

Anybody heard when that special set will come out?

20. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

I received my 3 uncirculated coins last week. Must say that I was very pleased with them. Should get the proofs this week.

21. elaine 1970

i have to pass this issue. so many modern commemorative issue being sold out before. but right now those sold out were lesser than original mint offered. sample is the benjamin franklin silver dollar. look at white house commemorative silver dollar. as high as $150.00. now buying at $18.00.

Draft saved Draft deleted