2009-D Nickel

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by AWalker14, Jul 28, 2012.

1. AWalker14

AWalker14 New Member

I recently found a 2009-D nickel and was so excited but i can't find what its worth. Can someone help me. It is MS-64 or so. Thanks for any help.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

If it is MS64, about $1.50.

Pics?

4. AWalker14

AWalker14 New Member

I don't have a working camera right now sorry but when i get one i will definitely put up pics. Thanks for the feedback.

5. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

You're welcome.

For future reference you can check completed sales at eBay, or use http://www.numismedia.com.

Also Teletrade and Heritage are good sources for completed sales online as well. Membership is free for both of those sites.

6. AWalker14

AWalker14 New Member

I finally got my camera working. It took me awhile to take the pictures because the camera is not good at taking up close pictures. I used a loupe to take a picture of the date but it wasn't very good. 2009-D Jefferson Obverse.jpg 2009-D Jefferson Reverse.jpg 2009-D Jefferson Close Small.JPG

7. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

Hard to get a grade from those photos, but it dosen't look MS to me.

8. AWalker14

AWalker14 New Member

trust me in real life it has the mint luster and is very eye catching.

9. apierce96

apierce96 Member

Are 2009s rare? I found like 3 when I picked up a box from the bank the other day, but didn't think they were worth anything.

10. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

They are low mintage, but not really rare.

11. apierce96

apierce96 Member

I still have the box of nickels. Is it worth finding them?

12. AWalker14

AWalker14 New Member

they are worth keeping because of the low mintage. It is the lowest it has ever been since the 50s. They might be worth more in future years especially if they are in good condition.

Draft saved Draft deleted