2009 Bankers Vault Portfolio

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Traci, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Traci

Traci Active Member

Hi All! I'm fairly new to CT and in going through my dad's things have come across several of these uncut dollars. Most of what I have are coins so I'm learning about those but have no clue about paper money. Are these super significant and are they worth much? Are there a lot of them? Thanks for any help!:happy:
    Traci

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? A picture says a thousand words.

4. Traci

Traci Active Member

Duh I forgot to post it, sorry:shame:

Attached Files:

5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

The vast majority of modern 4-subject sheets have minimal value over face. With being said, star sheets and sheets with fancy serial numbers are the exception. All of the denominations are currently available through the Money Factory store at the BEP, and the one dollar sheets are now 5-subject instead of 4 because of the new 50-subject full sheets. The World Reserve Monetary Exchange bought sheets from the BEP, repackaged them with certificates of authenticity and resold them at a premium.

Traci likes this.
  6. Traci

Traci Active Member

Thank you so much!

7. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

You can buy uncut sheets of varying sizes direct from the BEP

https://www.moneyfactorystore.gov/uncutcurrency.aspx

They are authentic and collectable but as @SteveInTampa said, most only carry a minor premium over face value. The downside is that your father probably paid too much for them by buying them through that outfit, but they are still a nice part of a collection.

If you want to have some fun, next time you go to the store, take them along with a pair of scissors and cut of individual bills to pay for your purchase. It's legal and may provide a lot more value in entertainment than the bills are worth. :) :wacky: :facepalm:

BTW: Since approx. 1980, the BEP only issues serial numbers above 96000000 as uncut sheets, so don't get any ideas of making your own "mis-cut" error notes. But they are still legal tender

Traci likes this.
  8. Traci

Traci Active Member

Thanks for the info! Not sure what Mis cut notes are but sounds like something that happens when money is being made. I would feel bad cutting them apart but it would be funny to see someone’s reaction while doing it in the middle of a store

9. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

10. Traci

Traci Active Member

:joyful::)

11. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

When I was dating my wife I packaged some perfume in a sheet of $1 bills as the wrapping paper. Later when we went out shopping we used them to pay for something. The teller didn't know what to do (they were still connected). I joked that I had just got done printing them and didn't have time to cut them up. He folded them accordion-style so they would fit in the register after I convinced him they were real.

12. Traci

Traci Active Member

Clever, funny and romantic! ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted