2009 A $100 low SN with an error?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by bryantallard, Sep 3, 2015.

1. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

I have this star note i got from the bank today and noticed this blue ribbon? it is the same color as the ink beside it. is it some sort of error? it appears to be right in the design and not written or stamped. help appreciated...thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

What is the low SN on your $100.00 bill?

4. bryantallard

LC 00064633*

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Star Note?
    I have never seen that ribbon design before. Very interesting :wideyed: Maybe an extra-large security fiber that was imbedded in the bill? Same color as the others!

6. bryantallard

when I happened to flip it over I thought someone wrote on it some people do, or even a kids stamp. once I got a magnifying glass the eyebrows raised and I was like "omg I just HAVE to list this" I know extremely little about paper money, but it looks to me too that it is part of the bill right?

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

On the front of the note it appears to be a light writing on the note, like from a business. I believe this ribbon to be a stamp that was placed on the bill after it left the US Printing office. I have seen several like it with different designs.

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  8. Jim Hatch

Jim Hatch Member

I tend to agree. It looks like some sort of stamp and applied after it left the BEP.

Draft saved Draft deleted