2009 2 dollar bill preprinted stock error

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by NLL, Aug 4, 2017.

1. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Hey guys I was wondering what you think about this bill. It appears the writing stamped on the bill was done prior to printing of the 2 dollar bill. Thanks for your time and comments! 20170709_160232.jpg 20170709_160246.jpg 20170709_160300.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

You would need some seriously magnified photos to show that the stamp was under the printing. The odds are millions to one that this is a normal stamp on top of the printing.

Key for me is that the engraved printing on that note is only printed in black, not white. So the fact that you see no printing inside the "TWO" does not signify that somehow "TWO" was printed on top of that rubber stamp.

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

It's a teller's stamp gone astray.

Youngcoin likes this.
  5. Youngcoin

Youngcoin Everything Collector

Interesting, could it be somthing stamped after the minting of it alot of people have these hand stamps.
    20170804_143817.jpg It's been in circulation as you can tell so it's possible if it's that just a bit worn down see if it's possible to get it off if it's not it's probably a printing error from the mint this is just my best guess. *I have not been reading and collectino coins too long let alone paper which I know 0% about so if I'm wrong please don't be too harsh it's just what I think from the pictures.* 20170804_143824.jpg

6. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It's not. Post stamp.

8. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I vote post BEP stamp

9. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replys guys. When I first got it the bill looked like the ink went under the t in two.

10. lettow

lettow Senior Member

Looks can be deceiving. Sometimes it looks like the Treasury Seal is under the word TWO but it is not.

11. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I thought it was a tellers stamp. But, if it is a BEP stamp, what does it spell out?

12. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Pretty sure that stamp says VAULT. Who has a vault? A bank... with tellers... with stamps...

rickmp likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted