2008 Silver Eagles

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by swick, Nov 2, 2007.

1. swick

swick New Member

I got an e-mail today from "Mint Products" with an offer to pre-buy 2008 Silver Eagles for $16.95. ($16.70 for 20 or more) Does anyone think that this is a good price considering the way the price of silver and gold have been going lately? I was going to order 20 of the Silver Eagles. I just thought that $16.70 was a decent price.

swick

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Flip a coin - heads it will go up and tails it will go down. Of course you won't know until January.

4. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

I agree with the coin toss. Silver always drops at the end of every year. But, it's always hard to tell what a new year brings. I'd say thats a fair price, only because I'd seriously doubt the price will come down. It may go up, but the Mint doesn't like to lower prices, regardless of bullion values.
    Guy~

5. vwap

vwap New Member

I don't believe he's talking about the US Mint, but rather "Mint Products." What they're selling is the bullion version of the US Mint Uncirculated ASE (non-W) whose price will fluctuate with Spot, the bet being whether or not bullion ASE's will be selling above or below $17 when they're released next year. I'd imagine that the US Mint's "Collector Version" will be priced above the $21.95 they're currently running, and likely higher if silver gets anywhere near $17/oz, so these are definitely not it :)

Draft saved Draft deleted