2008 D Kennedy half dollar rotated die slabbed

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Australia, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Australia

Australia New Member

Hi collectors , hope everyone is well ,
    Have this slabbed 2008 D Kennedy half dollar with rotated die error ,
    Checked the PCGS website site and no mention of the error with this code ,
    Would this be classed as rare ?
    I didn’t find much on google or past sales ,
    Would be very grateful for info !

for the record , my brother tried to open the plastic case causing the cracks in the plastic but was never opened…unbelievable!

cheers
    Jon

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Welcome to the forum. I don't see any rotation at all, it looks perfectly normal. I see you are from Australia, maybe you weren't aware that US coins are oriented this way?

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. Australia

Australia New Member

Thanks for the welcome ,
    When looking at Kennedy bust , then turning coin , the presidential seal is upside down , they are all like this ?

5. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, welcome to the neighborhood!

Yes, all US coins are struck like this. In our country, it is called "Coin Turn", and medals are struck in "Medal Turn". In "Coin Turn" when you hold the coin with your thumb and forefinger at the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions on the edge and rotate the coin from top to bottom, the design will always be upright. With "Medal Turn", holding the medal between your thumb and forefinger at the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock positions on the edge and rotating the medal from side to side, the design will always be upright.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  7. Australia

Australia New Member

Appreciate the reply , I guess that’s why we’re Downunder !
    Our coins are not like this , learnt something new today

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It’s normal with maybe a 1% rotation but that’s normal.

9. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Welcome to CT.

Maybe it has something to do with your drains flowing the opposite direction down under ;)

Evan Saltis likes this.
  10. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

do toilets flush in the opposite direction also? I heard a rumor that the water doesn't swirl clockwise and swirls counterclockwise on the flush in Australia.

11. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

As mentioned above, all of them are like this. Instead of flipping US coins right to left like a book, you must flip top to bottom (or bottom to top I suppose.)

12. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

@Australia
    Suggestion.. Any future error questions should be asked at the Error Coins forum.. Not the What's it Worth forum. First find out what you may have. Worry about value afterward.
    Hooroo ;)

13. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

The Coriolis Effect is what causes water, and hurricanes, to rotate in a specific direction. In the northern hemisphere hurricanes and drains rotate counterclockwise. In the southern hemisphere hurricanes and drains rotate the opposite, clockwise.

Commodes actually flow in the direction they do because of the way the internal jets are pointed. The Coriolis Effect is not strong enough to reverse the flow in a commode. So the flow is whichever direction the jets are pointing.

14. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

And we learn something new on CT all the time. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted