2008-2011 Canadian Train

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by dwhiz, Jul 6, 2017.

1. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

After I acquired these coin I had Capitol Plastics make a holder for them. Canada Trains.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Pretty choo-choos!

I like Capital Plastics holders. Speaking of those, and of Canada, I once found a Capital Plastics holder for a Canadian Type Set in an old-timey coin shop run by an old-timey lady (Hey, @Aethelred - remember sweet old Mrs. Sellers in Asheville? God rest her soul - she was one of a kind.)

Anyway, Mrs. Sellers had stuff that had been in their inventory at Sellers' Coin Shop since the 1960s. I think this Capital Plastics holder was from that inventory, because it still had a 1960s-vintage price sticker on it, which was ridiculously cheap - like a buck-fifty or two bucks - something like that. Mrs. Sellers let me have it for the 1960s price. It was still sealed in the original packaging, so even though it was 30+ years old at the time (this was the early 1990s), it was still essentially brand new.

So then, since I had a brand-new (old) Capital Plastics holder for a Canadian type set, which cost me two bucks or less, I had to fill it with coins, which I eventually did! (That cost quite a bit more than two bucks.)

Funny how getting an album or frame or holder like that can steer you in a certain direction, ain't it?

I'll bet if you could find one of those (no doubt long-discontinued) Capital Plastics Canadian Type Set holders nowadays, it would probably cost you forty or fifty bucks.

Edit- or maybe more. I couldn't find one, but considering the price of the US 20th century type set holders which are about the same size ... yow!

Cool that they made you a custom holder. Was it expensive?

4. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Let me tell you that holder cost over $100.00 to have made, but it does look nice.

5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I say again: Yow!

But yes. Very handsome.

Draft saved Draft deleted