2007 Washington Dollars-Edge Lettering Is Missing

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Collecting Nut, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Well I found them. Surprise even me as I have 2 of them. Both are NGC, one with a grade of MS-64 and the other is Brilliant Uncirculated. The first one is listed as a Mint Error but the second is not. It just has the edge lettering is missing. That's the main difference in submission fees. You get what you pay for.
    IMG_4123.JPG IMG_4124.JPG IMG_4125.JPG IMG_4126.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It's possible that the "Brilliant Uncirculated" specimen was part of a bulk submission that required a higher minimum grade, but there was some confusion about how it should be processed. ~ Chris

PS. I had one that I submitted to NGC with "Partial Edge Lettering Missing". Six years later, I listed it on eBay with a 99c start, no reserve and it sold for $228.

4. Collecting Nut

That's great Chris. My thoughts with the label were the no grade one was part of a bulk submission with a low grading price as the submitted just wanted a label saying the edge lettering was missing. They paid a low price per coin and got what they wanted, probably a dealer. Then they resold them at a higher price. I bought this 13 years later for a low price and that suits me just find.

5. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Both coins have Mint Error on the label. The 1st one has MS 64 MINT ERROR and the 2nd one has MINT ERROR BRIALLIANT UNCIRCULATED. Perhaps you were questioning why the 2nd one has no numerical grade? :)

Collecting Nut likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

I wasn't questioning, I was making a statement about the fees. My second posts explains it.

7. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

I didn't say you were questioning. I was pointing out, in a nice way, that both labels list it as a Mint Error. In your first post you wrote "The first one is listed as a Mint Error but the second is not". Peace. :)

Collecting Nut likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Thank you.

thomas mozzillo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted