2007 Abigail Adams Mule US Mint Medal

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Albert Blanton, May 27, 2019.

1. Albert Blanton

Albert Blanton New Member

I just recently checked my US Mint MedalSpouse collection and discovered that one of my 2007 sets contained a Abigail Adams Mule. The medal appears to be a high quality appearance with no visible surface marks or discoloration. I have a question for members who may have experience in the best way for me to preserve this Coin for grading. It is currently in the original US Mint clear plastic (Mylar?) and with the other medals of the set. Should I carefully remove the medal with clean cotton gloves and place it in an Airtite holder and place it in my metal box with a dessicant to reduce moisture content or leave it in the original clear holder prior to having PCGS grade the item as an error coin. My other option would to place it in the Airtite and not have it graded. Any recommendations for protecting the finish would be greatly appreciated along with your thoughts on the worth of grading. Currently only 37 are recorded on PCGS.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Let's see some pictures!

4. Albert Blanton

Albert Blanton New Member

Thanks for your help, I have attached photos as requested. The scans thru the clear plastic does not reflect the excellent bright finish that the coins have, also the marks that appear, disappear from the coin
    when it is carefully moved in the holder. img111.jpg img112.jpg img111 (2).jpg img112 (2).jpg

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Interesting. I really hope all those things that look like scratches are on the plastic and not the coin itself.

Draft saved Draft deleted