2006G PMD?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by RBurk, Feb 24, 2021.

1. RBurk

RBurk Active Member

PMD? This penny appears nearly flawless except for this on the reverse. Also, opinions on MS grade?

WIN_20210224_10_08_31_Pro.jpg WIN_20210224_10_08_53_Pro.jpg WIN_20210224_10_09_14_Pro.jpg WIN_20210224_10_09_44_Pro.jpg WIN_20210224_10_10_16_Pro.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

Those are contact marks, aka: 'hits' on the coin

eddiespin, Kentucky and RBurk like this.
  4. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Nav doubling e.t.c grade?doesn't matter its worth one cent i only keep pennies form the 70's and below with the exception of varietys and errors.

5. DarkRage666

DarkRage666 Ͳìɾҽժղҽʂʂ Ͳąҟҽղ ටѵҽɾ

6. RBurk

RBurk Active Member

Thank you, but it depends on what you're after - doesn't it? See doubledie.com and coppercoins.com to see what I'm looking for. Microscopes are necessary for most of the categorized varieties. (Not that this coin is of any interest to them since I'm sure it's not doubling of any sort). With this coin for what it's worth, the anomaly can be seen without a microscope.

7. RBurk

RBurk Active Member

Thanks Fred - that's what I felt too. It's the placement and depth of the strike on post that caught my attention. On the extreme closeup, I can see how the metal seems to have rolled out to the sides and bottom of the mark.

Evan Saltis likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Sure a shame about those marks on the column.

9. RBurk

RBurk Active Member

LOL... Yes, it is!

Draft saved Draft deleted