2006 Twenty Dollar Star Note

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by AWalker14, Dec 29, 2011.

1. AWalker14

AWalker14 New Member

For Christmas, my aunt gave me sixty dollars and one of those twenty dollar bills was a star note. Could someone please estimate the cost of the bill. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Since you don't have a picture, I will estimate $20.

4. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Most modern stars will generally go for about face value unless you have a low run bill. To determine the size of the run, I use the mycurrencycollection.com site. Just plug in the series year and full serial and it should give you the run size. Anything under 320k or so is a keeper.

5. AWalker14

AWalker14 New Member

it says that this website is under construction.

6. krispy

krispy krispy

Works for me. http://mycurrencycollection.com/reference/stars/20#2006

Value of the note depends on a lot of factors, not just a star and a printage.

Post a scan of the note and we can base the value on condition of the note using grading standards for notes, plus printage, star, et al.

7. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

I've noticed that if you directly punch in the link to mycurrencycollection.com, it says it's currently being worked on and there is no way around it but if you go to a search engine, type in "star note search mycurrencycollection.com" and it comes right up. When you get to that page, bookmark it (which is what I'm assuming krispy has) and from then on you can easily access the star note look up page with no issues.

-tbud

8. krispy

krispy krispy

Yes, I've had the site bookmarked for a few years.

9. Margaret E. Conner

Margaret E. Conner New Member

hOW DO I FIND THE VALUE IF THE CITY, STATE, BANK ET. ISN'T ON THE 20 DOLLAR BILL WITH A STAR. NOW THEY PUT UNITED STATES FEDERAL RESERVE SYSTEM AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GRADE THE VALUE IN A BOOK. THE OLDER BILLS HAVE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF CHICAGO. THIS BILL DOESN'T HAVE THAT AND I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO FIND THE RIGHT VALUE

10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I see your problem Margaret, and will try to explain. Below is a typical $20. Look at the upper left serial number ( JH00001952B ) and just below the serial number is the District letters & numbers H8. These tell you the district.

[​IMG]

A1 Boston
    B2 New York
    C3 Philadelphia
    D4 Cleveland
    E5 Richmond
    F6 Atlanta
    G7 Chicago
    H8 St.Louis
    I9 Minneapolis
    J10 Kansas City
    K11 Dallas
    L12 San Francisco

This website will also help with other questions, http://www.uspapermoney.info/general/note.html

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    Legomaster1 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted