2006 penny. Minor doubling???

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by sunday13, Feb 14, 2019.

1. sunday13

sunday13 Active Member

hey guys! I compared my coin with maaaaany others! And i have done my research on "coppercoins.com". I do believe it's a doubling. Can I have your opinions please?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I'm at a loss with these, but would be interested to see what our experts say.

sunday13 likes this.
  4. sunday13

sunday13 Active Member

@Kentucky Thanks! I am lost also. even tho I am leaning towards a doubling

5. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

where exactly do you see doubling??

6. sunday13

sunday13 Active Member

Date and LIBERTY.

7. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

In 1996 the US Mint changed the method they created working dies, etc.
    They went to a Single Squeeze method.
    There's a really good thread from months back about this.

So this 2006 cent would have to be a single squeeze doubling, not your conventional doubling.

The RTY are usually easily seen. I think the R is kinda like it .. if I look crosseyed I can make the TY like too .. but this single squeeze stuff drive me nuts still.

Mr. BBQ, @Rick Stachowski, knows about that stuff. ;)

sunday13 likes this.
  8. sunday13

sunday13 Active Member

2006 is a weird coin.
    Can't wait for @Rick Stachowski to join in!

9. sunday13

sunday13 Active Member

10. sunday13

sunday13 Active Member

PS: If I have looked crosseyed towards my coins I would have been rich!!I appreciate that you try hard but I need your experienced eyes for my future postings to come, so take it easy!!:):):):)

11. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I don't deal with these single squeeze method DDO's.
    The B looks like MD but the T and Y show plenty of extra thickness, along with some sort of notching, The date looks interesting.
    It is doubling but there is isn't enough information about these so called DDO's for me to make up my mind. I have found them in the wild but usually throw them back because they look more md than doubled in the true sense.

12. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

13. sunday13

sunday13 Active Member

Thank you for answering, still! Didn't mean to be demanding by tagging you. I just needed your thoughts! Thanks!

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  14. sunday13

sunday13 Active Member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  15. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

In all honesty, I don't see any doubling....at all. Maybe this type of doubling is something I've never seen before, which is quite possible, since I can emphatically state : " I have not seen it all. ".

Thanks for calling on me.
    Sorry to disappoint you.

16. sunday13

sunday13 Active Member

Thank you @Hookman for answering! You don't disappoint me at all! Nice having you here!

Hookman likes this.
  17. Hookman

From Kaintuck's link :
    2006 Lincoln Cent Doubled Die Value
    A survey of the eBay website reveals that a majority of these coins are selling between $3.00 and $5.00 for an uncirculated specimen. This low value is indicative of a die variety that is not spectacular and can be difficult to identify.

Key Words: ".....a die variety that is not spectacular and can be difficult to identify. "

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  18. sunday13

sunday13 Active Member

a die variety that is not spectacular and can be difficult to identify by who? The agencies? ... A survey of the ebay doesn't say much for me. Don't get me wrong. I love the fact that you do research. Listen! I m gonna come in touch with PCGS tomorrow! Ok? I ll let you know! This is getting frustrating !!:shame::shame::shame:

Hookman likes this.
  19. Hookman

I've studied Kentucky's link, and the tells described therein,(I learn something new every day.) and again, in all honesty, I just don't see those tells on your coin in those pics.

Regardless, Thanks for posting. The way I see it, is that every question provides an opportunity to exercise and hone my, and our, skills at identifying coins and varieties of coins.
    Please keep searching, keep looking and keep posting. Who knows, your next big discovery may be just an open coin roll away.

20. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Do you have a better photo of the back of Lincolns head neck area?
    Towards the lobe of the ear.
    Your full size photos don't enlarge.
    I think I missed the PU.

21. sunday13

sunday13 Active Member

@Hookman I keep my expectations low in areas I am not an expert like coins for example. Honestly I DO pay attention on whatever you and other people post. So trust me when I say that I do study and pay respect on what you post. I just need my time. Thanks! and....Happy Valentine's!!!hahhhahahaha

Hookman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted