2006 Nevada Quarter Reverse Error???? Still looking for answers.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by playpossum0985, May 3, 2012.

1. playpossum0985

playpossum0985 Global Cooling Protester

2011 04 29_1613A_edited-1.jpg 2011 04 29_1613ABC.jpg 2011 04 29_1613AB.jpg Front leg of second horse.
    Sorry, was trying to rush to work yesterday and listed thread as "obverse"...opps!:D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I dunno. What is it you want us to see?

4. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Looks like skeletor leg. I don't have another Nevada to compare it to.

5. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

He wants us to see that the horse's leg is 'broken'.

I don't know about that.

But to the OP. Even if you don't get an answer on your first post of the thing, don't start doing more posts on it.

You can go back to the original one and reply 'bump' if you are really not seeing an answer or you can wait. Not everyone is here 24/7, and not everyone who is on here in the next couple days may have the experience to know your problem.

Other than that, welcome to CT.

6. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Yeah, that leg looks jacked up. This is what a normal one should look like:

[​IMG]

7. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Here's an even better picture of a circulated one, clearly showing that the leg on the OPs is not normal.

[​IMG]

8. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Well, that certainly makes the OP's coin interesting. What do we call the error designation? Die chip? Die crack? Or something else terminal with the die?

9. abe

abe LaminatedLincolnCollector

It may be just a tiny lamination...

10. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

It makes me think of the 2009 formative years ddr's. some of those doubled dies the doubleing looks nothing like the other fingers. also it is very near the center of the coin where doubleing is most likly. there seems to be more to look at on the right leg to. possibly a new doubled die discovery.vere cool coin congrats,and keep that loop handy.

11. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

you should check out coppercoin.com and look at some of the 2009 formative years ddr's. i think you have a keeper.

12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

13. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

This is called a die chip. these Nevada quarters are bad for getting chipped places in the dies for these quarters.
    I have some of them with really big die chips between the last horses legs and others with chips about everywhere.
    actually our state quarters for about every state are known to have numerous die chips.when a piece of the coin die breaks loose from the die
    and falls out this area gets filled in with the coins metal and is called a die break.

back when I was getting rolls of the quarters from the bank I kept about every one I found with big die cracks or die
    chips and die gouges so now I have rolls of some of them from the same dies.

14. playpossum0985

playpossum0985 Global Cooling Protester

Thanks for the input everyone. Here is a pic of a normal one.

Keep it coming! 2011 04 23_1600.jpg

15. Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb Active Member

I have one listed right now under errors heading. Mine has a die chip between legs of last horse and also something on it's belly and something on middle horse. So as rascal says must be a lot of this going round. LOL

16. Crystal Brown

Crystal Brown New Member

You have the pooping horse error on the 3rd horse leg that is an error and they call it the pooping horse

17. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

What a nickname . I have plenty of these things .

Draft saved Draft deleted