2006 DDO?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by NewCollectorRick, Sep 20, 2017.

1. NewCollectorRick

NewCollectorRick Active Member

Looks good to me but we all know how that usually ends. The R is super defined just like the one on variety vista. Last day of bad pics. I have usb microscope coming tomorrow. No more 40 photo posts. 0907171244h_HDR.jpg 0907171248_HDR.jpg 0907171247h_HDR.jpg 0907171247c_HDR.jpg 0907171246c_HDR.jpg 0907171251_HDR.jpg 0907171248f_HDR.jpg I'm sneaking a second coin in at bottom. 1980 that looks like something going on. Deteriation maybe or is it worth posting more photos of it? 0902170617c_HDR.jpg 0902170619d_HDR.jpg 0902170619a_HDR.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

IMHO.. Most copper plated zinc Cents show Machine Doubling

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

A new USB microscope ain't gonna change things. If you think a coin with machine doubling will miraculously become a true doubled die, then you have wasted your money.

Chris

5. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Have you yet familiarized yourself with how dies are presently made? The greater point is that today's "single squeeze" process results in often very different "doubled dies" (a misnomer in this case) than I fear you're expecting.

Congrats on the new "scope", but please understand that they can give the appearance of doubling or notching where none is present. Point is they can be somewhat of a mixed bag, but as with most any tool, understanding it's pros and cons along with genuinely knowing how to use it is the best way to get the most out of it. Good luck, my friend...

6. NewCollectorRick

Thanks. Yeah I was not saying it will change things and make my coins change but there have been a couple on here that I posted and got shot down but found out later they were indeed what I thought. My photos are so bad some times there's no way anyone could tell or not. Just mentioned the usb cause of my crap pics is all. Ill test it out and play with it tonight.
    Thanks for the help.

7. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Please don't get me wrong, Rick; I wasn't trying to knock it, but only make you aware of what is one of the tool's biggest pitfalls (all have them). Like I believe I said, knowing a tool's limitations and how to genuinely use it to the best of its ability can be key. You're clearly not afraid to put effort into what you enjoy or want to do, so I'm sure all will work out well.

That said, what coins were shot down?

8. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

It's going to be SUPER rare to find one after 1990.
    So you should be looking earlier than that.
    I think they changed some hub process in 1989 which all but eliminated DD's.

9. NewCollectorRick

It was an rpm on a 1960 and 1 other. I will try and remember or look back through posts. No big deal and I do appreciate all feedback. Its easy to make a mistake with my photos.

Draft saved Draft deleted