2006 Colorado State Quarter...extra hair?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jim sullivan, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Jim sullivan

Jim sullivan Toned coins rule

2006 Colorado state quarter has what looks to be a portion of hair extending under the ear. The mark below that IS a contact mark. Im not sure what to say on this...Clash? See no other evidence....Die damage? Maybe but very nicely blended....Class 8 DD? What yall think? Thanks for the help....

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

It appears to be PMD. The contact has pushed the metal up ( north to the ear) and gives it this appearance. It’s also deformed the ear. IMHO

4. Jim sullivan

Thank you sir for the input but I must disagree. I know detail is lost in the photos but in hand, that is just not what is going on. I added another pic with an area circled. That area IS a contact mark. But it is average, not that hard and has made no effect on surrounding devices. I only even mentioned it so to eliminate it from the discusion. For real though..I appreciate the input, but thats just not whats going on here. This thing was minted this way and NOT pmd. Its raised and damn well looks like it was supposed to be there ...Crazy thing.....thanks!!!!

Attached Files:

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

In your original post, you're asking others if they see the same thing that you see. Well, I don't! So, I must be wrong and you're right. If that's the case, why did you bother posting this? Why don't you just spend $50 or so and send it in to PCGS or NGC for authentication? ~ Chris

Danomite, paddyman98 and Clawcoins like this.
  6. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

IMHO,
    The Red mark I first thought was a die break. but probably just PMD
    Blue marks are PMD .. scraps
    Green I was thinking lamination but it's just PMD
    upload_2020-1-18_7-12-29.png

Also, across the front of George's face - a flat ridge .. aka MD/DDD
    and many contact marks all over the place.
    upload_2020-1-18_7-13-58.png

did you pull this from an unopened US MINT bag?
    or did you find it in circulation ?

or ... PCGS to confirm what you think.
    think of what you are asking of the Die?

IMHO . it's to early in the morning .. gotta go shovel snow now ... good luck

Oldhoopster likes this.
  7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

For real? :facepalm:

Just a very minor issue. :yawn:

Woodman60 likes this.
  8. Jim sullivan

I guess I thought this would be obvious. This isnt supposed to be there...Im not lookin to go to war, god man....There is an extra, " hair" thing....

Attached Files:

9. Jim sullivan

And sorry if I hurt your feelings, I thanked you, but its just not " folded metal"......

10. Woodman60

Woodman60 Mercury Dimes Franklin Halves

I would agree with you but if I did we would both be wrong

Draft saved Draft deleted