2005-P nickels

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by cbtengr, Apr 14, 2020.

1. cbtengr

cbtengr New Member

I have two rolls of UC 2005-P nickels (OIV). Well before looking at them I did some research and found that there are like 70 different DD varieties. They are extremely hard to identify, well at least on the obverse. I went to Variety Vista and looked at some photos that Steve Santangelo & Kevin Zaletel posted on the site. These varieties are probably not going to be identified with the naked eye. I used a scope and I'm still not certain of about the ones I found and I've only looked at about 10 of them. I've posted some photos of them and would like some feedback. These photos are not of the same coin but different ones that I thought may be DDO's. I don't like the photos I couldn't seem to get a very good resolution.

Attached Files:

• E-T.jpg
      E-T.jpg
      File size:
      306.8 KB
      Views:
    • ST.jpg
      ST.jpg
      File size:
      330 KB
      Views:
    • B.jpg
      B.jpg
      File size:
      488.7 KB
      Views:
    • lib.jpg
      lib.jpg
      File size:
      331.8 KB
      Views:
    • eye.jpg
      eye.jpg
      File size:
      310.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Personally, I wish that someone would pass a "numismatic law" which states that any anomaly that requires magnification greater than 10-15x to be seen should be attributed as "MEH!" ~ Chris

gronnh20 and Mountain Man like this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

All coins have errors if magnified high enough. A 10x or smaller is sufficient.

gronnh20 likes this.
  5. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

There are only two DDOs shown for the coin you are showing. The two DDOs that are shown on that site, are questionable, at best. The rest of the varieties you're referring to are on the reverse of the coin. That is where there are 60+ different attributions. Good luck. Just start posting back in this thread when you start seeing DDRs.:rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted