2005 die clash Roosevelt ?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by shy, Sep 7, 2013.

1. shy

shy Member

Ok is this considered a die clash .... Like the jailed Lincoln image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Don't think so..... if there was a clash, the area between the torch and the olive branch leaves the reverse would be a straight line.... as well as more defined clash marks throughout: see this picture of my clashed roosevelt dime both on the reverse and obverse:

I think what you have may have once been a clashed die that was polished away or possibly simply a result of overpolishing of a die that was not clashed to begin with. I don't know for sure, but I do see little bits of "evidence" so to speak of excessive polishing. Whether it's to erase clash marks on a die or some bit of poor excessive polishing of the central area, ???? But it's somewhat common to see these on the modern roosevelts.

Attached Files:

4. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

looks like struck through light grease to me. Pretty common on modern US stuff.

5. 91stang2

91stang2 Pocket change junkie

by far an expert, but in my opinon I agree..looks very very much like strike through greese..I see lots of this on dimes..good luck

6. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Ok, I'm wrong on the cause, but right on the fact that it is super common on modern dimes and basically worthless.

7. shy

shy Member

Good to know
    Thank you everyone

Draft saved Draft deleted