2005 DDR-024 Variety Vista

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MatrixMP-9, Dec 24, 2019.

1. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

http://www.varietyvista.com/01c LC Doubled Dies Vol 3/2005PDDR024 cent.htm

Theres dozens of DDRs for 2005 zincolns. I cringed when I seen the doubling on the column by his left leg because I wasnt going to be satisfied until I figured out which one it was. These must be near the bottom of the barrel as far as premium over face. Still worthy of a 2x2! No die cracks in hair that I can tell (that match either way)...lots of PMD though.

IMG_7848.jpg IMG_7850.jpg Snapshot000015.jpg Snapshot000018.jpg Snapshot000019.jpg Snapshot000022.jpg Snapshot000020.jpg

tommyc03 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

@MatrixMP-9 The real challenge in the 2005 P doubled die would be trying to complete a full set of all of them. In choice or better B.U. yet. I would think this would make for a prize of some sort at any club. Only one person I know has completed the 2009 P Lincoln cent Formative Years doubled die set, and that is James Porter who has a site on Facebook. Another nice set would be the P Homestead quarters with over 100 varieties. In some cases it's not about the value of such a set but the hunt and completion.

MatrixMP-9 likes this.
  4. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

Thats pretty cool Tommy! I guess it would be fun to collect them all. Its definitely fun with the "hunt" but man, I'd go nuts searching for these in the wild. Funny part is this is my second DDR24 the other is I think a 13 but was never really confirmed. I guess one good part of the 2005 series is that its fairly easy to "see" its a DD....it takes time and patience to find which one is the right one but pretty easy even without a scope to see that little "bump" next to Lincoln. When I get a 2005 in change, I always check out the reverse

tommyc03 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted