2005 D doubled tail and back legs buffalo

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Bargainbidder, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Bargainbidder

Bargainbidder Well-Known Member

Nice and clear separation on tail and rear leg all the way up to rump area. Is obverse a lamanation caused by outside source?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Flat and shelf-like = machine doubling.

352sdeer likes this.
  4. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies Well-Known Member

I have one just like that! Does yours have MD along the back as well?

Bargainbidder likes this.
  5. Bargainbidder

It sure does and thanks.

2manyhobbies likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Remember this date is a 'single squeeze' die production so really there is no way it can be doubled, although many collectors and variety experts do continue to list them occasionally by their interpretations of characteristics.
    Wexler and Flynn in their great book " Authoritative Reference on Lincoln Cents 2nd ed." list such as Class IX God Only Knows , which I think is quite appropriate. My meager opinion is that such is still MD, although if people want to collect them thats their thing. IMI, Jim

Bargainbidder and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  8. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

Moo-chine doubling, lol

Reed.

9. Bargainbidder

Thanks everyone and can put this under MD catagory to hold and use as a visual reference.

10. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

Never seen that nickel before. Weird. Is that the buffalos weiner? Even weirder! Come on maaaan! Mint could have left that out lol!

11. Bargainbidder

Didn't want to mention that in post and have it deleted. But as saying goes...One person's wiener is just a hot dog to the mint...lol

12. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

Its just kind of funny. Hey, not stating anything that isnt obvious. I suppose if the thing offends me I can try to find a coin that has a grease filled weiner or over polished weiner so I dont have to see it. Sorry, cant resist 2nd grade humor sometimes. Seriously, I would love to read that description on Variety Vista or Wexlers. Especially if it were a Doubled Die... I could hear the arguments here "Thats just machine doubling....its flat and shelf like"

Draft saved Draft deleted