2004-D Wisconsin High and Low Leaf Error Set

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by kccoinguy, Aug 11, 2012.

1. kccoinguy

kccoinguy Active Member

Just completed my high and low leaf error set. Check it out!

IMG_0432.jpg IMG_0433.jpg IMG_0434.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. VDBforDave

VDBforDave Lincoln Error Collector

Nice set! I'm always looking for ones in circulation.

4. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

be careful and don't overpay for these so called extra leaf quarters. they don't have a extra leaf on them , they only have die gouges or what we call die scratches that makes it look a little like a extra leaf.

5. kccoinguy

kccoinguy Active Member

They're still fairly rare in this coindition, aren't they?

6. VDBforDave

Okay there negative nancy. Way to say "Hey, nice set" or "Good for you."
    That is a pointless post IMO. Be careful and don't overpay...COME ON.....people will pay whatever the **** they want. And he already has the set, so why tell him don't overpay?

As grandma used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all."

7. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

Well you should have listened to your grandma and took her advice , looks like what she said to you was a waste of time. If you had took the time and read my post you should have been able to understand that I was writing my post for everyone to read. I was not replying directly to the op of this thread. IF I was it would have looked like this post where i'm replying directly to you.

8. jhinton

jhinton Well-Known Member

Die gouges or not, I have had a few sets and they are very convincing "die gouges". I like them! Nice set!

On that note: Why is it silly for some people to collect "die gouges" but not for others to pay ridiculous prices for "polished" or worn out die varieties... i.e. 1922 No "D" or 3 legged buffalo? Both of those are the result of marketing campaigns.

9. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

You are right , all of these are the result of marketing campaigns. I have a few state quarters with better looking die gouges than the Wisconsin ones and they don't have much value because they are too scarce and have not been hyped up. there are some true mint varietys in the state quarters like the Minnesota extra tree DDR's and the Oregon DDR's .the extra tree on the Minnesota quarters is a true "extra design" that came directly from the coin die.

10. VDBforDave

Seems like your just mad yours aren't popular like the Wisconsin leaf. Lets see some pictures of your "better looking" die gouges then. Are they PCGS MS 65? All I'm saying is Ksuscott wanted people to "check them out," and wasn't asking for people to talk down on him and say that's not a true error and you have better looking ones. Your acting like a kid IMO.

11. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

Ok I will try to start a new thread this evening or tonight if I can get my old camera to working and show everyone a few of my die gouge coins. don't you ever have anything good to say ? in post #5 on this thread you called me "negative nancy" , maybe you should go back and read some of your own posts. none of my die gouge coins are slabbed because I don't think a die gouge coin is worth the grading fees. The TPG companies are just raking in the cash and they don't care if they label something wrong or not.

12. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

The TPG's are NOT labeling the coins incorrectly. They are lableing them with their "commonly known" and commonly "accepted" variety name.

Donkey Tail.jpg

Unless of course there really is a donkey's tail on the 1887 Morgan Dollar?

13. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

I like your High Low Leaf Set! I got mine back in 2005, raw, for about $200 apiece.

Remember, the 1922 No D cents along with the 1937-D 3 Leg Buffalo's all had marketing hype in order to sell the varieties to collectors. Once that hype was established and the coins added to established sets, the prices took off. It obviously won;t happen over night but the potential is certainly there regardless of what the marks are comprised of.

Draft saved Draft deleted