2004-D Memorial Cent DDR!!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by CaptainMac, May 16, 2020.

1. CaptainMac

CaptainMac Gotta Love Those Errors and Varieties!

I am very happy to say that I have found my second doubled die coin searching rolls, and it happened to be a 2004-D Memorial Penny. The doubling is prevalent on "E PLURIBUS UNUM", and it looks great! It is the 2004-D 1¢ WDDR-001 "Best Of" Variety on Wexler's.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Spark1951 and CaptainMac like this.
  4. CaptainMac

Spark1951 and Kevin Mader like this.
  5. Kevin Mader

I prefer that site over the others, but the others sometimes have specimens Coppercoins does not. But I think the format and marker narratives/photos are better. So I tend to stick with them. Not a ton of D mintmark cents to put better odds of finding those DDOs/DDRs on this side of the country, but it doesn't stop me from trying!

CaptainMac likes this.
  6. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

IMO...it is AU58+...light wear on eyebrow, lapel and shoulder on obverse, details missing from memorial between EPU and the statue on the reverse.

Very nice find/DDR and a very nice condition coin. Great eye appeal...I would place value @ $75 per coppercoins info provided by @Kevin Mader ...Spark

CaptainMac likes this.
  7. CaptainMac

Thanks for the grade/price opinion, I was hoping someone would say something about it! I also thought somewhere in the AU area, but was not sure how high or low.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  8. CaptainMac

I have noticed the same phenomenon with some sources having more examples than others, but I would agree that CC goes into more depth for many coins. I tend to use Wexler's and Variety Vista as I just like their formats more, but I am definitely not opposed to using other sources! Thanks again for the info!

Kevin Mader likes this.
  9. Kevin Mader

In the end, they are all needed @CaptainMac. I'm glad that all those folks have compiled the information for us variety hunters. It's given the hobby a boost in my opinion. I enjoy the hunt...and finding new specimens for the collection.

CaptainMac likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted