2002 P LMC DDR-017?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Kaye, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Kaye

Kaye Active Member

I think I have identified this correctly, but would appreciate some more experienced opinions. Many thanks! 20200130_103331.jpg 20200130_103254.jpg 20200130_103420.jpg 20200130_103352.jpg Screenshot_2020-01-30-11-14-56.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Kaye likes this.
  4. Bluntflame

Bluntflame Well-Known Member

I think you got it! Congrats!

Kaye likes this.
  5. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

I don't think that's a match. Were you able to match any markers?

Kaye likes this.
  6. Kevin Mader

Kaye likes this.
  7. Kaye

Kaye Active Member

Thank you for that link. Looks like WDDR-006. It looks like all markers are present, unless I just see them in other marks... 20200130_143044.jpg

Attached Files:

8. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Don't forget, you could always have a yet new found/unlisted variety. I also found a 2002P recently that is not in Wexler's files. New finds pop up often as shown on the landing page of his site.

Kaye likes this.
  9. Kevin Mader

006 looks like a match. To tommyc03's point, there are more unattributed DDRs of this type than attributed. But this one looks like it'll have an attribution on the flip!

Kaye and tommyc03 like this.
  10. Bluntflame

Its much like the 2019P DDR nickels. There are at least 30 different listed DDR, and yet there are still new ones being discovered very often.

tommyc03, Kaye and Kevin Mader like this.
  11. Kevin Mader

These can be fun to find...but are often frustrating to attribute especially because there are so many varieties. With regards the single-squeeze DDRs on the Lincoln Cents, I collected them for a very short stint. I quickly realized that these weren't going to be of serious consideration. It's not surprising to find 2-3 dozen of these in a single box. Think about the other more significant doubled dies, WAMs, RDV006s; those are a lot harder to find. Trails are harder too.

But to each their own; collect what you want especially if it makes you happy. And especially cents since the investment is quite modest.

PS - I picked up a 2019-DDR Jefferson this week in change. No match for it...yet.

Kaye likes this.
  12. Bluntflame

If you have a picture, maybe I have the match lol.

Draft saved Draft deleted