2002 P Jefferson Bars on the front door!!!

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jim sullivan, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Jim sullivan

Jim sullivan Toned coins rule

Ok, so as stated 2002 P Jefferson Nickel. Rev. Main front door to Monticello. There are like 3 lines going diagonally across the upper section that start and start exactly at the edges of the door frame. They are raised and are NOT a pmd scratch!!! This i am sure of. There appear to be some "lines""rays" at like 4 or 5 oclock running UNDER the LO of monticello. I saw a video blueridgesilverhound did on a new dime with a similar yet more dramatic effect. Called it "feeder finger" marks or something. Im struck with how they begin and end exactly on the door frames. So, any wosdom on this other than deteriorated die damage? Lol...thanks yall

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sullysullinburg

Sullysullinburg Well-Known Member

I’m thinking die polish? Feeder fingers would cause it to be inverse right? Slightly guessing here. Wait for smarter people.

4. Jim sullivan

Im honestly not sure. That was the first time Id seen something attributed to " feeder fingers" and know very little about the variations and effects they could cause. Was the only thing i could think of though that ive seen at all that could cause this other than the item actually being imprinted and part of the die. So idk...lol....looks like we both waiting for those smarter than us...lol..which for me is most...hahaha

5. Jim sullivan

Great name btw there Sul...lol....long lost relative??? Lol

6. Jim sullivan

Nothin? Noone? Is it the pics? I know they not the best...

Draft saved Draft deleted