2002 P Dime Error?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by bailon1349, Sep 1, 2010.

1. bailon1349

bailon1349 New Member

After going through some dimes i separated & organized. I noticed this particular dime to have an interesting... um... circled outline. Even though the Roosevelt head is there, you can still noticed the outline. I can't determine completely if it's die related or perhaps planchet related. Can anyone help out?
    DSC02934.jpg DSC02937.jpg

Took a pic with my camera... with a macro lens. Hope that helps a bit. Currently don't have a scanner.

Thank You

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

4. hamman88

hamman88 Spare some change, sir?

It's just dirty.

5. bailon1349

bailon1349 New Member

I apologize for the dirt. I blame myself. The coin isn't dirty. Should have cleaned my lens before taking the shot.

So PMD? Post Mint Damage? Just curious what could have caused it. Here are better imagines. Plus different views including the reverse.

Thanks

DSC02938.JPG DSC02939.JPG DSC02941.JPG DSC02940.jpg

6. Captainkirk

Captainkirk 73 Buick Riviera owner

Something blocked the round area from the gunk that is around it.

7. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

It probably had glue or something like that on it that was removed.

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

My thoughts exactly, drop of glue which is now gone.

9. Bill Long

Bill Long New Member

I have a 2002 P Roosevelt that has a similar circular pattern on the obverse, but slightly lower, starting at the chin and going up behind the ear (Maybe farther) Looks like the same pattern, just aligned differently. Almost invisible unless held at certain angle. Mint error? Bestview.jpg

10. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

I see alot of those while roll searching, It's also PMD.

11. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

This coin has what is called roller damage. This occurs when the machine is closing the end of the paper coin rolls, The coins on the end of the rolls are almost always damaged this way.

12. kelsey bentley

kelsey bentley New Member

I have a dime from 2002 p it's thicker that a normal dime, and has smooth edges, plus looking at the edge it looks half cooper? Mint error?

13. MrTurner

MrTurner New Member

Can anybody tell me about the damage to my 2002p dime error error error. Might be worth something

Draft saved Draft deleted