2001 Vermont colored quarter error?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by sammii, Dec 8, 2023.

1. sammii

sammii New Member

This turned up in a till at work. I haven't seen anything on google about this error, of the print being a little off center. Just curious if it was worth anything

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

The colorization actually makes the coin damaged. You might get a few cents above face value from someone for the novelty but that’s about it.

I don’t really see anything else that stands out about the coin.

tommyc03 and sammii like this.
  4. Coins4Eli

Coins4Eli Collector of Early American Copper

The colorization on the coin was done after it left the mint. So this quarter is actually considered damaged in the eyes of a coin collector.

tommyc03 likes this.
  5. 3BStuff

3BStuff Cogitare Et Prolatantem

pain-ted error? might be wrong

6. sammii

sammii New Member

ooh, i thought some were just made like this, i assumed before leaving the mint.

Thanks for the replies!

cwart likes this.
  7. cwart

One other thing @sammii dont let the value stop you from collecting what you like. That’s the important part to having fun with the hobby. If you like that quarter get a flip for it and add it to the collection. In all honesty I’ve never come across one in the wild like that. If I did find one in change I’d probably keep it myself.

8. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Back when these state quarters came out it ignited a whole new generation of coin collectors and the curio people took full advantage. You couldn't turn on a TV without seeing somebody selling plated or colorized versions but sadly, they aren't collectible to the coin collecting world.... But I too would pull that and throw it in my "save box".... Looks like a great coin to start a collection with to me!

dwhiz likes this.
  9. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

It's merely a painted quarter, so it's only worth face value, as mentioned. Still a fun find in change. I'm sure the color made it stand out.

dwhiz likes this.
  10. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I would keep it also.

11. StoneCold334

StoneCold334 Member

Dude this coin looks like it’s a DDO there looks to be some in freedom E pluribus unum and other places

12. cwart

that’s where the color was slightly misapplied. It’s just a damaged coin that makes for an interesting start to a collection.

13. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Some company did every state quarter and sold them for a ridiculous amount. In reality they are only worth twenty-five cents as it’s considered damaged.

14. Jeepfreak81

Jeepfreak81 Well-Known Member

Ya I'm not a fan of colorized coins, Littleton Coin company loves to sell these and I have a couple as gifts from them (my grandmother worked there for 50 years). Looks like that one made it into circulation and got worn?

15. StoneCold334

StoneCold334 Member

Oh ok my bad

Draft saved Draft deleted