2001 I-A 32 note uncut $1 sheet.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Oldhoopster, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Do uncut sheets vary in value based on FRB and Series, or are they generally all the same value?

I have a rolled 32-note sheet of 2001 I-A $1 notes that I bought from the BEP table at an ANA show years ago. No fancy serial numbers, they start with I98xxxxxA. I’ve only had it out the tube a few times, so there are no issues with the corners or edges.

I did a little searching on Fleabay, so I have a general idea where other sheets have sold, but didn’t see any 2001 I-A. I’m assuming mine is common and has a similar value, but just wanted to check since the Minneapolis Fed usually issues fewer circulating notes than the other districts.

Also, if there are rare 32 note sheets since 2001, what blocks are they? (hopefully turn this thread into something educational instead of the typical "what's my stuff worth")

Thanks in advance for the feedback

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Your sheet, 2001 I-A, is one of the more common sheets.

For the series 2001, K-A and L-A are the tougher sheets.
    Series 1999 had an unexpected perk, the BEP offered $1 star sheets for the Richmond District.

For the first time since 1957, uncut currency was made available to the public for series 1981 aces. There were 28 blocks printed. I believe most of the sheets from St.Louis (H) are the rarest and most valuable.

Here is a 1999 Richmond 4-subject star sheet.

1ED15144-2D9E-42D3-B472-418C55299D32.jpeg

Oldhoopster likes this.
  4. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Thanks @SteveInTampa . The original plan when I bought this was to frame it, but like many good intentions, it fell through the cracks. Since it isn't rare, it's going to end up on the wall (hopefully sooner rather than later :)).

Draft saved Draft deleted