2001 D Jefferson Nickel struck on already struck Cent (6 cent piece)

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Brian Nguyen, Jun 12, 2018 at 4:36 PM.

1. Brian Nguyen

Brian Nguyen New Member

Hi! Everyone,
    I got this coin for a while now. The other day I brought it to my local coin dealer just to have them look at it. Then, guess what guys, they offered me $1500 for it without the slabbed (RAW). They said it might get up to MS67 Red. But, I refused to let it go. I'd been searching every auction sites , but the max it goes up to was around $1400. I wonder why do they offer me that high, so, I went back there a week later and asked them again. They responded was "Well, they have a lot of customer asking for all the 2001 Error and Varieties Coin as a Memorial 911 terrorist day. So, I just have a question how much does it really worth for? if it goes up to MS67 Red with PCGS. Thanks alot guys.

Attached Files:

Paul M. likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 ++++PLUS ULTRA++++ Supporter

Nice Mint Error!
    IMHO.
    I would put the price range from $800.00 to $1200.00.. Take the offer they gave you if you want to sell

Thanks for sharing!

Clawcoins and Paul M. like this.
  4. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Guardian of The Farce, & Dead-Eye Master

Attention, about 95% of new CoinTalk members:

THIS ^^^^ is an error coin, not some garbage that spent a fortnight on well-travelled asphalt, or once was SuperGlued to another coin.

paddyman98 and Paul M. like this.
  5. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Nice find!

$1500? Would a TPG slab make it worth more? I'm not sure.
    I'd jump on $1500 faster than a starving man could jump on a sandwich.

6. Brian Nguyen

Brian Nguyen New Member

Thank you all of you for the respond. I know right? $1500 is very attempting, but as of now I really dont want to depart it yet. Once, I make my move I don't think I will ever have one in my collections again, maybe not in a long long time.

rickmp and paddyman98 like this.
  7. rickmp

Your coin, your choice. Whichever you chose, I wish you only the best.

8. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

It is amazing to me the detail that exists considering a nickel planchet is a good deal thicker than a cent planchet. This is cool. Thanks for posting.

9. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I think $1500 is more than fair.
    Nice coin, and the copper color adds to the appeal.
    It's very pleasing to the eye.

10. rickmp

It's especially nice because it's not just struck on a blank penny planchet, it's struck on a 200(1?) penny.

11. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Oh I see the date on the reverse. 2001.
    I thought it could have been any zinc cent that found it's way in. NVM

12. Brian Nguyen

Brian Nguyen New Member

Thanks Rickmp for clarified that for me. I make up my mind now that I will be keeping it for another while in my collection. Thanks everyone for all the kind words.

Draft saved Draft deleted