2000P Nickel with very strong Lathe Lines!!

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by coin-crazy, Mar 24, 2011.

1. coin-crazy

coin-crazy Senior Error Searcher

This is one of my early morning finds.So far I havent seen one yet on the obverse of a nickel..:hail:

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I am unsure of this, as the coins I have seen with lathe lines do not go over the devices such as the motto and edge of bust. The lathe lines in the fields are understandable, as that is the highest part of the die, but lines on the letters, which are the incluse part of the die seems unlikely to me. Maybe someone else has seen such.

Jim

4. coin-crazy

If you need to know more about lathe lines there in a site that talks about such errors.
    Errorvariety.com
    Also my findings have been attributed
    on other sites and I was just sharing it on here!!

5. ultralight

ultralight Member

NO, question, the coin is legit. It's an unusually strong case of lathe lines being that in some areas it is about 14 lines thick. Since it is so strong, the lines are seen on parts of the design. Great find!

6. coin-crazy

Wow thank you ,somebody that know about this!!!

7. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I looked at errorvariety.com and it only lists 1988P and 2008D nickels. Does that mean that coin-crazys nickel is unattributed?

8. coin-crazy

Yes it is unlisted as of now,but the newest listed nickel I found but the guy told me something wrong with the computer to add my name. He will be adding it next week sometime thou!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted