2000 p Sacagawea gold coin

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by christine-b, May 20, 2019.

1. christine-b

christine-b New Member

hi! We recently found some old coins, one of which is a Sacagawea p Cheerios box gold coin and we are trying to see if they are worth anything, any help is greatly appreciated!!

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Is it in the original Cheerios packaging?

4. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

post a closeup, I can identify, or anyone can. both sides clear pictures

5. Autoturf

and to answer, yes their scarce

6. Autoturf

if in package don't take out

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

A small premium would be associated with this coin if it's in the original packaging.

Welcome to CT.

8. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

As I recall the diagnostic for the Sacky’s is on the reverse. Doesn’t the Cheerios packing have the Sacky laminated to a piece of cardboard? Wouldn’t the coin have to be removed from that cardboard to see if it is the valuable variation?..... Or are all the Cheerios dollars that variety?

9. Autoturf

cherrios.jpg I think if its the real, it would have to be certified, yes @Randy Abercrombie, its very rare. In late 1999 General Mills ran a promotion where one in every 2,000 boxes of Cheerios would have a 2000-P Sacagawea gold dollar inside of it, as well as a 2000-P penny. The mint was promoting the new Sacagawea. It wasn’t until 2005 that anyone realized that the 2000-P Sacagawea coins in the original Cheerios packaging were different. The Cheerios coins have highly detailed diagonal tail feathers. The rest of the non-Cheerios coins have parallel tail feathers. so I think for the coin to have any creditability it would need graded by a top TGP. a coin of this value has a lot of liars saying they got it from a cherrios bo

cherrios.jpg

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  10. Autoturf

Diameter: 26.50 mm
    Mintage/Proof: 5,000 / 0
    Weight: 8.10 grams
    Metal: Copper

11. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Randy Abercrombie and Autoturf like this.
  12. Autoturf

Draft saved Draft deleted