2000 P Sacagawea error value?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by coins2010, Sep 14, 2010.

1. coins2010

coins2010 New Member

I found this 2000 P Sacagawea with what looks like a spear going through the eagle in a roll of dollars. Does anyone know how much it is worth? Thanks!
    2000p sacagawea eagle close.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Value is about $10-$15.

4. abe

abe LaminatedLincolnCollector

Attention Peter, here's another...

5. DionHurst

DionHurst Member

Here's a nice one: http://www.teletrade.com/coins/lot.asp?auction=2927&lot=3098

6. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

7. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Wow. You have what's called a Wounded Eagle. Those are realizing some value. Worth submitting if you intend to sell it in the future and have it attributed.

8. hrhomer

hrhomer Member

It might have been, two years ago when the question was asked...

Joe

9. Cashforgold

Cashforgold New Member

yeah, i doubt it is worth that much now

10. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Instead of making uninformed comments, you could have taken the opportunity to learn from an experienced gentleman who took his time to show factual sales records. Does it really matter if the tread was old. Is this information no longer valuable? Had either of you taken the time to look, even on eBay, two certified examples have sold in the last few months. Last week a PCGS MS65 for $550 and in February a ANACS AU58 for $200.

Looks like this variety still has some value after all, doesn't it?

bryantallard likes this.
  11. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Nah, that was MONTHS ago. Probably worth face value or less now.

But really, that is very interesting. I will have to take another look at my Sacajaweas. What would cause this? Die gouge?

edit: Ok, I read up on it:
    If anyone cares.
    "The 2000-P "Wounded Eagle" Sacagawea Dollar is so-named because of a raised die flaw that cuts across the eagle's belly (see the attribution image above). As of January 2012, this variety remains elusive, with PCGS showing a population of 115 examples in all grades. As more collectors examine their coins, the population may rise, or this could turn out to be a very scarce variety. Time will tell. The vast majority of the known examples are Mint State, usually in MS-64 to MS-66. The finest examples are five PCGS MS67s"
    source: http://www.pcgscoinfacts.com/CoinDetail.aspx?s=506153&redir=t

These are worth some bucks as BooksB4coins mentioned.

12. chrisx

chrisx New Member

Hey coins. I collect these 2000 p Sacs w/eagle spears (although come to think of it, it's sort of un American) and usually give about $50/each for those in as good a condition as your picture- as many as a dozen or so. Just out of curiousity, what kind of roll did you find it in? thanks from Chris.

13. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

14. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Deleted: Duplicate post.

15. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You do realize that this thread is almost two years old, and the OP hasn't posted on anything else since October, 2010.

Chris

16. chrisx

chrisx New Member

" A great many open minds should be closed for repairs". T Blade

GeorgeM likes this.
  17. Sher

Sher New Member

I have a 2000-p wounded eagle with a rotated die 180 degrees, can someone tell me what I might get for it

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted