2000 P Sacagawea Dollar w/ Doubling and Die Crack?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by TheRealJFW, Jan 26, 2020.

1. TheRealJFW

TheRealJFW New Member

Hey all, curious as to your thoughts on this one. There is some doubling on the mint mark and (maybe) a die crack on the face.

Can't tell what type of doubling it is, and even after studying pics of the differences between types I still struggle...but I'm trying. The potential die crack could just be post mint damage or something else, but always trying to learn, and hopefully of course find something valuable.

Thanks for any advice you're willing to share! Sacajawea..JPG Sacajawea1.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

That doesn't look like a crack, but a better photo of the entire obverse might help. The mintmark looks like machine doubling. It's only worth $1 to me. ~ Chris

TheRealJFW and PlanoSteve like this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

A agree.
    Mechanical Doubling and damage.

Worth? $1.00

Suggestion.. Please create your error questions over at the Error Coins forum. Fnd out what you have first. Worry about value last.
    Most minor issues have little or no premium anyway.

TheRealJFW likes this.
  5. TheRealJFW

TheRealJFW New Member

Ah...I didn't see that forum, but will head over there. Thanks for the response.

Is that the best forum to ask dumb questions? Hoping to learn enough to contribute in the future, and prefer to ask dumb questions in the expected forum...if there is a better one than the Error Coins I'll look for that as well.

Thanks again!

paddyman98 likes this.
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, there are no dumb questions, just dumb answers.

Where you post your inquiry depends on the subject. Is it an error or variety? (We have no forum for varieties, so some people post them in the "Error" forum while others may choose the "US Coins" forum. Do you want to know how coins are made? You might choose "Coin Chat". In any case, you're allowed a lot of leeway while you are learning. ~ Chris

TheRealJFW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted