2000 P dime

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Rayrayford2, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Rayrayford2

Rayrayford2 Active Member

It must have. So you're saying it's very valuable. Thanks I'll put extra locks on my doors and get a security system.

Robert Ransom likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

You may also want to add a few crows with machine-guns in the trees, a couple of sniper squirrels and a few SRBM's.
    ROFLMAO 1Emoji.gif ROFLMAO 1Emoji.gif

expat likes this.
  4. Rayrayford2

Mr 1980 is keeping an eye out for you IMG_20201214_142330.jpg

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  5. Rayrayford2

Why does the quarter look like that IMG_20201217_095619.jpg IMG_20201217_095619.jpg

Attached Files:

6. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

What are we looking for Ray ? Those Microscope pics make it hard to see .

7. Rayrayford2

IMG_20201217_095822.jpg
    Hi Sal. It looks like a mint mark on a quarter
    IMG_20201217_095822.jpg

Attached Files:

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

9. Rayrayford2

Dammit Watson I believe you're right!

10. Rayrayford2

But let's not be so hasty my dear Watson

11. Collecting Nut

In this case, yes I am.

12. Rayrayford2

I'm curious, as someone with no background in this hobby, what coins do you recommend searching for, as in denomination and errors

13. Collecting Nut

About all one can find in today's coins in just varieties, which I'm not until. I have a few but I really don't collect them. There are other coins to be found but to find that one coin that will make you rich, it's not going to happen.

I'm not trying to be negative or to discourage you butbits the truth. You must find what interest you, research it and go from there. Best wishes.

14. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Mint state coins from your era have never hurt anyone. Even with variety's it is the condition that brings the premium, Not just the error or variety.

15. Rayrayford2

Thanks, I have come to realize that it's difficult to find any coins in circulation worth much money. I used to hunt and fish and be outdoors a lot but as I get older I'm more interested in this

16. Rayrayford2

IMG_20201218_212624.jpg
    Yes but who usually walks around with mint grade coins in their pocket. But I'm realzing you're right about the high grades....And what happened to this guy's face

17. Pickin and Grinin

I pull mint state coins from commerce every week. @Collecting Nut was trying to say that the market for circulated errors are overplayed. The only one getting rich or making a buck is the you tube (whatever) folks screaming it in your ear.
    If you take the time to educate yourself, you will find that error/variety plus condition equals money. You can either educate yourself on those variety's then go cherrypick them. Or, you can learn to grade and then go pick coins or pocket them as soon as they leave the register and let other numismatist find the variety for you to worry about latter. Coins aren't a get rich scheme unless you first know what the collector wants. I don't know you, but if you came here and read our posts before going to the boobtube, you will have the edge on the majority of folks that show up here asking if they just turned into a millionaire.
    Hang out and read at least twice as much as you search you will find the answers for most of what you see in circ. and not have to ask the question

Collecting Nut and Rayrayford2 like this.
  18. Pickin and Grinin

[​IMG]
    Is that Ralph. Just environmental damage

19. Rayrayford2

It's the keep your mouth shut and learn approach as I recall. Sounds like a winner but I enjoy the back and forth and I remember a couple of Teachers I had in High school that told me there are no dumb questions but I'm sensing this hobby is to much like golf.

20. Rayrayford2

Ah climate change. Got it

21. Rayrayford2

Ah climate change. Got it

Draft saved Draft deleted