2000 D Lincoln

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Sassy, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Sassy

Sassy Member

Tongue sticking out!

Attached Files:

Tim Lackie Jr likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sassy

Sassy Member

Any help appeciated!!

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Ha kind of.
    Maybe just a plating bubble issue which is common on these Copper Plated Zinc Cents.

5. Sassy

Sassy Member

Could it, or is it possibly worth anything?

6. Sassy

Sassy Member

New to all of this, but excited to really get going! Any more comments or ideas on if itCould be worth anything to anyone?

7. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

The photo makes it hard to tell, but I don't think it would command any sort of value. You might have luck selling it for a buck or two on eBay but I personally wouldn't buy it.

Tim Lackie Jr and Sassy like this.
  8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If anyone bought it on FleaBay, they should be hung, shot and then run over with a steamroller.

Chris

PS. Same goes for the seller.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  9. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Lol, you remind me of my brother. He's an ass but I never have to wonder what's on his mind
    P.S. Isn't there a nickel with a similar anomaly, that has been diagnosed as a die dent? I seem to remember something of the sort.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  10. cpm9ball

It seems that it has gotten to the point where all people want to know is, "I don't want to learn about coins or how they're made, and I don't care. Just tell me how much it's worth!"

Chris

paddyman98 likes this.
  11. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Sorry to tell you this but no. Plating bubbles are common on these Cents. No premium for them.

12. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

It is funny. But I have to yield to the other opinions here

13. Sassy

Sassy Member

Isn't this the thread to ask? Thanks for your opinion anyway! I am learning about coins everyday, but was currious about this particular coin. I didn't think it would offend anyone!

14. cpm9ball

You haven't offended me. I just happen to be one of the people who
    dislikes this forum because it draws so many worthless specimens. No offense intended! I blame the managers of the site.

Chris

15. Sassy

Sassy Member

I'm new at this and maybe I should'nt have asked what it was worth if anything. I am interested in the coins, but if I don't post and ask questions to learn, what's the use! I guess I will not use this forum anymoe and join a coin club locally. Thank you.

16. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

The light isn't playing off of the anomaly as one would expect if a plating issue/bubble. However, exactly what it is I do not know.

Don't worry about it... "value" questions come with the territory, but like the other gentleman said, far too many come here, without any desire to learn, caring only about how much they can pocket. If you're genuinely interested in the coins themselves, no harm, no foul imo.

P.S. I too seem to have caught a case of pareidolia....I see it as well. ;)

Sassy likes this.
  17. Sassy

Sassy Member

Thank you!

18. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

I think what you're seeing is Abe's bottom lip. The photos aren't good enough to tell for sure, but, either the coin has took a hit just below the lip or it could be a strike through of some sort. I'm not seeing anything raised as in a plating bubble, but rather lowered between the lip and chin.

Sassy likes this.
  19. Tim Lackie Jr

Tim Lackie Jr Active Member

There has to be someone out of 8 billion people that may have an interest in your "fat lip" Lincoln. The trick is to find them. Good Luck!

Sassy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted