2000 D DDO /DDR masachusetts state quarter error coin

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by young mag, Dec 13, 2018.

1. young mag

young mag Member

on obverse seen in "IN GOD WE TRUST" . On reverse seen on all of right side of minute man is doubeld the state behind minute man is also doubeld the initials of designer at the corner of state seems to have a trail i counted about nine different strikes 'minute man also seen about nine times fading towards the west side of coin

Attached Files:

FinishedWalkout likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but in addition to not being
    able to see anything that resembles
    9 strikes, I don't even see any mechanical
    or ejection doubling on it.

I try to encourage younger numismatists,
    but as I said in another thread of yours,
    I'm at a loss to know how you see what you
    say you see on these coins.

Don't forget, when a coin is in circulation,
    it can get damaged, stained, mis-colored,
    and a multitude of things that can occur.

That does not make any coin that doesn't
    look 'perfect' an error.

Hopefully, a basic understanding of the
    Minting Process will eventually make it
    easier to see that the coins you're pulling
    out of circulation are just that, and nothing
    more (so far, at least)

tommyc03, Kentucky and paddyman98 like this.
  4. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

@young mag I highly recommend you step back from the microscope and pick up a 5x or 10x loupe instead. The microscope is helping you see things that aren't really there. You need to study up on how errors are made and learn how to identify them. Here's a really great read to help you understand doubling of sorts: http://www.lincolncentforum.com/lets-talk-about-doubling/

We're here to help you, but if you aren't willing to learn the minting process and how errors are made, you're going to keep striking out and getting frustrated.

tommyc03 likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

So far he has posted
    A Quarter struck on a Panama coin
    A 1999 Cent Struck on Flying Eagle Cent
    And now a Quarter struck 9 times..

But no responses to any of our posts.. :troll:

Oh, and they are all DDO and DDR

Kasia likes this.
  6. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

7. Very nice photos. Thank you.

8. young mag

young mag Member

9. young mag

young mag Member

just start counting how many corners the state of masachussetts has right behind the minute man his image how he is standing its out line several more times

10. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

@young mag You have been getting some excellent advice from some of the very best experts on Numismatic Errors (I would have killed to have access to people like this when I was new collector 45+ years ago).

John Wexler (another error coin expert) has a great site that lists known doubled dies. But more important, he explains the minting and die making process as well as showing examples of true doubled dies and worthless lookalikes like machine doubling.
    http://doubleddie.com/58222.html
    I highly recommend you take a look. Once you go through it, you'll easily see that the coins you posted are not errors. You'll learn a lot from Coin Talk, but it's not a smart move to alienate the people that will be able to help you learn.

11. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

@young mag in one of those aforementioned threads someone stated that you had "vivid imagination". Take that to heart.

If i may suggest, step back and try to find "perfect" coins first. Try to identify why coins are not perfect MS70 and such. Identify all the imperfections on the coins surface by comparing it images such as https://www.pcgs.com/photograde/

You'll soon (hopefully) learn that 99.99% of the things you see are Damage, aka PMD (Post Mint Damage).

That in itself should teach you to be unbiased looking at coins as learning the imperfections, or the basis of grading you should be able to do much better later on searching for errors.

Good Luck

12. young mag

young mag Member

thank you very much for your advice

Draft saved Draft deleted