$20 With a blue stamp

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by General_Godlike, Mar 13, 2008.

1. General_Godlike

General_Godlike Dept. of Transportation

Can somone please call me at ......why would a 20 dollar bill have a blue stamp on the left side of the bill. Every 20 i have ever seen has a black stamp. Please help

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

Be careful posting your phone number. Remember - this is a public forum.

4. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

post a picture

5. General_Godlike

I know, but i was in a hurry to get the information :) its a cell anyways. thanks for the advice though, i appreciate it

6. General_Godlike

i dont have the bill its still at the bank...... but the seal thats on the right side of this bill is black. the one i think i might go get is dark blue

Attached Files:

7. General_Godlike

Sorry LEFT SIDE LEFT SIDE

8. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

will wonders never cease?

9. gatzdon

gatzdon Numismatist

847.... hmm... that looks like northern Illinois. Maybe Lake County. I think I'll start canvassing banks to find this bill. I think there's less than 3,000 banks in that area???????

10. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

Well, if you can get it and take a picture, that would help a lot :D

11. General_Godlike

Ill try and buy the bill off of the girl thats holding it. If you look at the 20 below it has a black seal on the left side. The bill in question has a dark blue seal. You can clearly see a difference, but as of now i dont have the bill, and have no clue as to what it is.

12. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

Ask her if you can "take it out on loan" for $20 with a promise of returning it.
    We sure can't tell without seeing it.

clembo

13. General_Godlike

ok Ill try and get it from her in the morning. I hope she didnt take it already or spend it.

14. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

it could be an under inking of the seal giving the appearance of a darkish blue?!

good luck on getting it from the bank! i am certainly looking forward to seeing it :)

15. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

The BEP usesd high speed rotary presses for currency printing, it just maybe that the periodical cleaning of ink buildup may have been diluted due to the solvent cleaner. This is just a guess, however, that would make sense as diluted blacks do have a blue tint.
    None the less, with all the notes printed and such a high SN#..I would think this would be the case and not an inking color error. Again..I may be wrong, but this is my two bucks worth!

RickieB

Draft saved Draft deleted