$20 star note, worth keeping?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by strauchfx, Jun 26, 2010.

1. strauchfx

strauchfx Member

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum but have lurked for a while now reading threads. I found an uncirculated 2006 $20 star note about 2 weeks ago. I think it has a low serial # but I'm new at this so..

IG00063567* - it looks like it was printed with the new SOI press

It's in really good shape, lots of luster on the metallic ink, very crisp and sharp corners. No creases or folds.

Is this worth holding on to or do I essentially have $20 sitting.

Thanks in advance
    John

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

I would hold onto it if it in crisp condition. Also one question, Im not exspert but shouldnt there be a astrick * at the end of the serial number and no letter what so ever or am I wrong?

4. strauchfx

strauchfx Member

I thought the letter in the stamp plate # had something to do with something. there is a * after the serial, I was confused.

5. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

Do you have a pic you can post? These are the one's i have picked up so far, Just recieved three more this last week, a silver cert star, a $2 red seal star and a $5 red seal star. Ill have to post pics later of those.

Attached Files:

6. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

i would say that note is a keeper. it came from a short print run of 640,000 notes. if it is nice and crisp with no folds and has nice corners it lists for about $60-100. a picture would help a lot to give a more exact value. nice pickup :thumb:

7. strauchfx

strauchfx Member

yeah, it's really nice, super crisp.

Thanks for the info, that's what I found on the net (640,000) I just didn't really know how much weight to put on all the factors as far as pricing goes.

I'm pretty new at this and I have already found out it's super addicting lol

[​IMG]

John

8. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

john i would say its a keeper for sure. 640,000 is a very short run indeed. especially for newer notes. atlanta that year had 320,000 note printed but it has the same value. those were actually the only 2 districts that printed stars for that series. which is also very rare to happen. i would say from the picture it looks at least AU to AU+ so i would now put the range of the value from $60-85. nice find. keep it up :D

9. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

nice low serial on that too.

10. Acidic_Freakz

Acidic_Freakz New Member

I have a 20$ bill with a * at the end, I was wondering on the “value”

11. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

@Acidic_Freakz - post your own separate thread about it with pictures, so people will be able to help you. Information on your note's date, condition, serial number, etc. is necessary for anyone to be able to answer your question.

Draft saved Draft deleted