$20 star note given in change

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Darren Edwards, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Darren Edwards

Darren Edwards Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

WoW ! Nice. Too bad about the crease but low number in my opinion. Hang on to it if you can afford it.

Darren Edwards likes this.
  4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I believe four numbers and better yet three numbers on down is the best. Some may depend upon the total print run. Still, if you like it, by all means, keep it.

5. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

IMO a leading five zeros is required for somewhat low serial number status. Serious collectors look for seven leading zeros. JMO

Darren Edwards and Mountain Man like this.
  6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

As mentioned, three or four numbers (4 or 5 zeros at beginning) are considered low serial number so your note isn't really a collectable. If you can afford to save it and like it, by all means do so, but NAV, no added value above face, IMO.

7. Darren Edwards

Darren Edwards Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies all. I thought that might be the case but wanted to be sure, the crease also has a slight tear on the bottom so condition really isn’t the greatest. Looks like it’s going to be a spender lol.

masterswimmer likes this.
  8. cashhound

cashhound Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be so sure. It is a 1st run star note that is sought after. Only 320,000 printed. You decide!

9. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Just one digit off, my brother was born in 1960, so it would of made a greta gift ")

Draft saved Draft deleted