$20 star & $20 binary radar about to b spent!

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by eSPy814, Oct 6, 2019.

1. eSPy814

eSPy814 New Member

What are these worth? Both are 2013 $20. The star note has a center fold. The other is in excellent condition. I’m going to spend em both soon if I’m not told otherwise.

Attached Files:

Legomaster1 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Very cool radar and star note!
    Try listing the radar on ebay- you may be able to obtain a significant premium for it. About the star, it is a lower 640k run, however, it won't bring much over face, so, even though it is crisp, I would spend it- you could get slightly over face for it, but it wouldn't be worth it after fees.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    NOS likes this.
  4. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

I would also try to sell the radar on ebay, list it for $40 and see if you get any takers.

eSPy814 and NOS like this.
  5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

If that first 4 was a 9 that's a keeper. Although the notes generally
    don't go up that high.

6. eSPy814

eSPy814 New Member

Thank u all for ur inputs. Y’all have helped me a lot. I will now spend the star note n save the other til I figure out how to do the eBay thing. Thanks again

7. USS656

??? A palindrome is the same way forwards and backwards. Palindromes can also be formed from phrases or sentences that read the same way forward as backward.

The 20 with the 9's and 4's has them in perfect sequence for a palindrome.

7 digits may be collectible but palindromes are too.

Legomaster1 likes this.
  8. Michael K

I know what a palindrome is. That note may have value as it is (not to me)
    I am just saying a high serial 99999949 is very rare.
    Usually they don't go that high, although they can be in sheet form.

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Both notes are very nice. The star note is only worth face but the radar note is a keeper. As I stated in your other thread, it's a binary radar note and it's worth more than face.

10. USS656

Hi Michael, No disrespect intended. The OP wants to know if there are collectors out there that would pay a premium for the note. I don't collect 9s and 4s so I would not give him much more than face for it, but that's not the question. I know there are collectors that would pay much more than face for it as I have bought similar notes with 6s and 5s for way more than face in almost every denomination. I just want to make sure the OP understands that it is still worth selling or holding. For someone that collects fancy numbers a very high number note and a palindrome is like comparing a $5 gold Indian to a $5 gold Liberty, both common dates in the same condition. Both collectable, but some prefer one over the other.

11. Michael K

I see that the radar is listed under fancy serials. To me that combination is not a big deal. I would prefer low serial, or high, or 8 of the same number, or a true ladder.
    And so that is what I meant in my first post. It's not valuable to me, but if it was a high serial, it would be.

12. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

Put this post where it belongs in the paper money forum heading. I don’t do paper but that radar note is cool, the star does nothing for me.
    Reed

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted